Chapter 12

We are all sitting waiting to be called in for our board examinations. I look to the spot where Alex is suppose to be siting and I don't see him there. I hope he makes it or I am so killing him. I look over at April who is sweating like crazy.

"April." I call out to her.

"Relax and take a deep breath."

She take in my words and tries to relax. I hope she get it together because I'm afraid if she doesn't she is going to mess up her board examination.

I look over at Jackson and smile.

"You got this babe and I love you."

"Thanks babe, so do you and I love you too."

"Dr. Thomas." The examiner calls for me.

"I'm here." I say as I get up and follow her into the room.

I sit down and I am given the instructions for the test. They ask if I understand I respond yes then I am drilled with questions. I stay clam and answer them accordingly.

The session goes by smoothly and before I realize it was break time.

I meet up with everyone else who seems stressed out.

Everyone goes around and says how they think the did when it's my turn and I say it went fine everyone looks at me like I'm crazy.

"How the hell are you so calm?" April shrieks.

"If I don't stay calm I will end up stressing myself out and giving myself and anxiety attack. So I need to stay calm." I respond.

"Has anyone seen Alex?" I ask to change the topic.

No they all reply.

"Please don't tell me he missed his first session." I say to no one in particular.

We stay seated until it is time to return back to our rooms.

I go back in and stay calm through my other two sessions. After I am finished I walked out to meet up with everyone else.

I see Alex and run over to him and punch him in his arm.

"Damn Malika. That hurt." He exclaims.

"Good for you. I know you missed the first session of your test. You better hoped you rocked the other two or I swear I will hurt yo Alex Karev." I say.

I turn to April and see she is a sweating mess. She looks as if she's sweated through her whole suit.

"April? Are you okay?" I say with concern.

She starts to break down crying.

"I can't believe I did that. Why would I ever do that to myself?" She says crying into her hands.

"It's okay honey. Just have faith." I say as I rub her back.

"What did Kepner do?" Alex ask.

I give him a look that basically told him to shut up.

"Forget I asked." He said ask he walked over to Jackson.

After April calmed down we went to our rooms to pack our stuff and head back to Seattle.

"Babe. How did you think you did?" I say while hugging Jackson.

"I think I did fine. Of course my mother was in the room next to me distracting me. So I had a rough start but I think I ended strong." 

"That's great babe let's get out of here and go back home."

We leave the hotel and get back to Seattle.

When we get off the bus we wait to see our results. April runs inside to use the bathroom.

We all check out phones and one by one we scream out in joy because we passed.
Jackson is hugging me while swinging me around. I feel so happy. I feel like nothing can ruin this for me.

We all stop celebrating when we see a
April come out looking crushed as ever.

"I failed." She says with her voice breaking.

I think to myself can it get any worse for her.

*A/N: Sorry that this chapter was so short😕 But thank you guys for reading my story😁😁 If you have any suggestions please let me know.