Chapter 17: Projects

"Emma are you ready?" Adam peaks half of his face into the bedroom from out in the hallway.

"Yes." I smile as I walk towards him.

Last night, Adam got here very excited and enthusiastic about this new project his dad assigned him to do.

Today, I get to finally join him to work and see what he really does and I get to see what the project persists of.

I don't mind being in Anne's house all day long, but if someone asked me if I'm happy to get out for once, I'd answer yes.

Once we reach Adam's car, I hop into the passenger seat. He gets on his side and buckles himself up.

"How far is the job from here?" I question him as I myself, buckle up.

"It's ten minutes away."  He pulls out of the parking spot and drives away from Anne's place.

During our ride, he goes through a drive through and buys us breakfast burritos. He mainly talks about how he's going to show me everything he does at work.

We finally arrive to a 3 story high modern building after a few minutes.

Adam takes one of the closest parking spots to the entrance. He goes over to open the car door for me. One of the things I love about him.

"Thank you." I peck his lips softly. He smiles and holds my hand while walking into the building.

I read the big letters on the large oval desk in the lobby.

PAYNE ENTERPRISES

"What exactly does your dad do?" I frown in confusion as we then step into the elevator. Adam clicks the three and the elevator begins to move up.

"He's an architect." Adam looks over at me.

"Right." I breath in.

"You look so stunning." He comments, making me blush a bit.

I turn and kiss him softly.

"So do you." I reply, noticing him in a nice black suit.

"Thank you love." He winks and motions for me to step out of the elevator once the doors open.

I then follow him down a long corridor until we reach the second to last office. He opens the dark wooden door for me.

There's a large desk in the middle of the office with a computer on top. All around the walls are modern frames. Behind the desk sits a book holder with lots of books may I add.

To the left of the room is a huge window that allows the light of the day to shine in the place.

"So, do you like my office?" Adam walks in front of me as he was standing behind me.

"Yes, it's really pretty." I admire truly.

"Let me just get some papers from the desk and we'll head across the hall to the project room." He seems so excited about it and quickly pulls a folder out of the desk and walks towards the door.

Following him just to walk across the hallway to the door right in front of his office, we step into a much larger room with at least three large windows.

In the middle of the large room, sits a huge rectangular table that holds a huge 3D project on top.

"Hello Emma." Geoff then greets me once I notice him coming in right behind us.

"Oh hi sir...I mean..Geoff." I blush in embarrassment and extend my hand out to greet him.

"It's good to see you here, did you come to see my son's project?" Geoff pats Adam on the back, then starts to walk towards the project.