sixth

the next day, taehyung was tired because he didn't really sleep that night. that same stupid nightmare was threatening to haunt his sleep again. despite how tired he was, he got out of bed and got mi-yeong up before getting ready.

once the twins were ready, they got into taehyung's car and left. they were meeting the boys at a local diner.

when they got there, all the boys were there and they greeted them. taehyung and mi-yeong sat beside each other with jimin on taehyung's right and yoongi on the left.

they all talked amongst themselves, the conversation only ceasing when the waitress came to take their orders.

taehyung frowned as he noticed that yoongi didn't even look at mi-yeong. the two were always really close and we're practically together, so it concerned him.

"mimi, did you and yoongi get into a fight?" he asked her softly. "no, we didn't. i don't know why he's ignoring me." she frowned.

seeing his sister frown made him unhappy, so he decided to speak up.

"yoongi, why are you ignoring mi-yeong?"

yoongi sighed. "what are you taking about, taehyung?" he glanced over at the younger boy.

"what do you mean?"

"taehyung just stop."

this caused taehyung to huff and turn to mi-yeong. "go ahead and go home, okay?" she nodded.

"i'll meet you there—"

"taehyung who are you talking to?"

"mi-yeong, obviously."

"where is she?"

"right here, namjoon. are you serious?" taehyung snapped, becoming frustrated. he looked at mi-yeong and nodded. he watched as she left the restaurant.

"what the hell is wrong with you guys?! you used to all be so close with mi-yeong, now you ignore her?"

"we can't ignore someone who isn't even here," jungkook spoke up.

"she was literally—"

"she's gone, tae."

"i know. she just went back home."

"no, tae, you don't get it."

"yes i do she—"

"she's fucking dead, taehyung! she's been dead for almost three weeks now, so quit pretending that she's here!" yoongi shouted, his face red and eyes filling with tears. "she's dead, tae.." the blond boy sat there, fighting back tears.

"yoongi, are you okay?" hoseok asked quietly.

"no, i'm not. i can't deal with this right now. he wasn't the only one who lost her. i was so fucking in love with her, but she's gone and i've had to accept that. it isn't fair that he can live in some altered reality where she's still alive. he should feel the pain that we all felt.. the pain that i felt.. i'm leaving."

yoongi furiously wiped at his eyes as he stormed out of the diner, hoseok chasing after him.

"but she's not dead..." taehyung mumbled.