ninth

after the movie ended, the two boys decided to go to bed. they threw their trash away and put any dishes away before heading to taehyung's room.

both of the boys took their jeans off and tossed them to the side before crawling into the bed. jimin was trying to build up the courage to tell taehyung about mi-yeong, but he just couldn't do it.

taehyung yawned and lazily slung his arm over jimin. "goodnight, jimin."

"goodnight, taetae," he softly replied, closing his eyes and snuggling up to taehyung.

it didn't take long for jimin to fall asleep, but he soon woke up to heavy breathing and sobbing. he immediately sat up and looked over at taehyung, seeing him sitting up, crying hard and struggling to breathe correctly.

"taetae," jimin whispered, brushing his sweaty bangs out of his eyes. "hey, calm down."

taehyung glanced at jimin and hiccuped, finding it difficult to calm down.

"hey, it's okay." jimin gently grabbed taehyung's face, using his thumbs to wipe his tears away. "breathe in time with me. inhale... exhale..."

once his breathing was mostly back to normal, jimin rested his forehead against taehyung's. "do you want to tell me what happened, tae?"

"i– i keep having this nightmare where mi-yeong.. hangs herself and i can't stop her... i've been having it for weeks now," taehyung stuttered, a tear rolling down his cheek.

'it's now or never,' jimin thought. "taetae, i'm going to tell you something and i need you to really listen, okay?"

taehyung nodded, removing his forehead from jimin's so he could see his whole face. jimin delicately grabbed his hands.

"do you remember what yoongi said to you at the diner?"

"he said mi-yeong is dead but—"

"taehyung... mi-yeong is dead. she killed herself almost three weeks ago. you keep having a dream of what happened. you still see her because you're still in shock and you don't want to accept her death. she was your baby sister, your twin sister, so i understand. but tae.. you've got to let her go."

as he listened to his words, taehyung's mouth was open, yet he couldn't find the words to speak. hot tears were spilling down his cheeks.

"she– she can't be."

"would i lie to you about this? would yoongi cry and get so upset about it if it wasn't true?"

"...no."

"if she's still alive, tae, how come only you can see her?"

taehyung was quiet for a moment while he thought, but soon wrapped his arms around jimin and burst into tears.

"jimin... she's– she's dead," he cried into jimin's shoulder.

"i know it hurts, tae. it hurts a lot, but i'm here for you. the other boys are too. i'll stay with you as long as you need me to. you don't need to deal with this or the nightmares alone. i'll move in. i– if you want me to."

taehyung pulled back and nodded. "yes, p– please... jimin?"

"yeah tae?"

"can i kiss you? i just need it right now."

jimin smiled and softly kissed taehyung, combing his fingers soothingly through his hair. "i'll kiss you as long as you need to get through this," he murmured.

"i love you, jimin."

"i love you too, tae."