epilogue

"hey mi-yeong.

i'm sorry that i haven't been here to see you in so long. i've been going through so much since you left. that's not an excuse for not coming to visit, though. everyone goes through a lot of stuff. some of us just have a harder time dealing with that stuff.

it's been really hard to adjust to life without you — which i still haven't fully done — but it's getting easier for me to really accept that you're gone.

i never thought that i would find someone who would capture my heart the way that you did. i never thought that someone could love me the way you did. i never thought i could love someone the way i loved you.

but mi-yeong, i found someone. i found a girl who i love with all of my heart. no, she can't replace you because i'm not trying to replace you. she's filling a void. a missing piece of me that i lost when you left. she's put all my broken pieces back together and made them as good as new and i know you'd be so happy.

i came here today to introduce you to my fiancé and get your blessing and to let you know that i still love you, but i've been able to move on and be happy.

i know you're happy for me and you'll be smiling when we say our vows and get married. all you ever cared about was me and the other boys being happy.

and i'm happy."

the sun appeared from behind the dark clouds and shone brightly.

"thank you, mi-yeong."

(author's note: if you were confused, this chapter is yoongi talking since it mentioned before that him and mi-yeong were close and he said that he was in love with her.)