The First Day

Meredith woke up extra early, just like she did every day to get ready for school. She liked to shower, do her hair, do her makeup and just look presentable for school. She didn't really care what she looked like to other people, she just wanted to look good for herself. She ate breakfast and went on her way off to school. 

Derek woke up five minutes before he had to leave his house to make it to school on time. Five minutes. He woke up and threw on some clothes that smelled clean, grabbed the keys to his car and was out the door with his sister, who drove to school with him everyday. 

Once at school, Meredith walked into her first class of the day. She had anatomy first which was her favorite class and she was ready for it. There was a seating chart when she walked in and sat down where she found her last name. 

Derek arrived at school with maybe a couple seconds to spare. He didn't rush to his class. He took his time. He walked in a few minutes after the bell rang. 

"So I guess this seat is mine, huh?" He asked as he pulled the chair out from underneath the table. 

"Well considering it's the only chair left in the room, I would say so." Meredith replied. 

"Oh, a sassy one, I like it." Derek said as he set his bag down on the table and sat down. "Derek." He said as he looked at Meredith and smiled a little. 

"Meredith." Meredith said and she smiled back. 

"I know you from somewhere." Derek said. 

"Yeah, you look familiar." She replied not really thinking that he looked familiar. She knew of him but never met him. 

"I'd know your smile from somewhere." Derek said. "Spring Break last year." He said a couple minutes later. 

"Britt's beach house?" Meredith asked. 

"Yeah, the beach house party. That the cops totally busted. We hid out in the attic together with Britt and Julia." He said. 

"Oh yeah, that's right." Meredith replied. 

"So, I can see that Meredith and Derek are getting along very well." The teacher said interrupting them. 

"Sorry, I just can't help not talking to such a pretty lady." Derek said while looking at Meredith and smiled. 

The class ended and Derek walked Meredith to her next class. 

"I hope I get to see you more than just in anatomy." Derek said to Meredith. 

"Oh trust me, you will." Meredith responded.