CHAPTER 1

-Phoebe’s POV-

It’s like no other ordinary day for me, but still I feel more excited than ever, because it’s my first day at work. Well, I’m old enough to work so the resort accepted my application form. I’m Phoebe Sanchez and I’m turning 18 this Saturday so screw you whoever thinks that I’m not allowed to work. I live with my mom and I don’t have any dad, ‘cause I never met him and saw his picture so let’s imagine that my mom made me by herself. The truth is she said that my father died and it all happened in just one night. To make the story short, she met him at the beach and they fall in love and made me and he died from a car accident so my mom raised me alone and she don’t have anyone with her cause she’s an orphan so it’s just the two of us in this world.

“Phoebe! Get down already it’s past 8 o’clock so you should head to your work missy! I don’t want Arturo make a bad impression to you for your first day on the resort!” she called or yelled to me. We live in the Philippines so I’ll stop using full English instead I’ll be using Taglish. My mom is a Filipino and my dad is a foreigner, I think his an Australian cause they met in Australia, just let me assume his an Australian and I’m sure that his handsome cause my mom told me that that’s where I get most of my features. Like having a pointed nose, dark gray with a shade of brown in my eyes and a light brown hair and the rest is from my mother, lightly tanned skin, perfect curves and beautiful skin.

“Coming!” I replied.

“Phoebs, alam mo naman na pinagbigyan kalang niya dib a? So please honey do it your best?” sabi niya sa akin. Infact she always discourages me when I applied to work ang rason naman niya kasi daw bata pa ako well but not anymore. “Honey? Are you sure you want to do this? Let’s try next yea--” see?

“Ok Mom Stop!” I raise my hand and gestured her to stop “I’m old enough to do this! So please just give this break to me?” I beg.

“Are you sure?” she asked

“Hundred percent sure!” I answered immediately.

“Ok as if I can stop you, but make sure that if something went wrong, tawagan mo ako ok?” conditions, conditions, conditions! *sigh* why do parents never trust their child?

“Fine! So are we good? Wag mo akong bantayan sa work ok?” hah! May conditions din ako.

“Ok fine. Just call me if you need anything ok?”

“Agree!”

So I went back upstairs to get my stuff. Sabi naman ng resort owner na I can bring anything that would entertain me so dinala ko ang laptop ko and my PSP, hindi lang naman ang lalake ang adik sa PSP no even girls play with boys toys. I need to check first the things he said. Extra clothes check! Towel and face towel, check! A bottle of water and lunch for two, check! Lunch for two because I have someone with me in this work though he applied to be a barrista and I applied to be a lady life guard. Di ba ang cool? We’ve been here in Subic for almost a year na and it’s not hard to adjust kasi there are a lot of foreigners in this place. Back in Melbourne my mom work in a company as a stuff manager and I am attending a prep school that time in junior high. I don’t know what came into her mind to go back here and when she asked me about moving to the Philippines I just said “Sure whatever you want.” I just said that because no one will miss me anyway. I don’t have friend and she only have so many suitors that I hate so I just agreed to her when she planned on moving far away.