Driving, And Heaven

Leah’s P.O.V.

“Oh my God Leah, shut up already! We already know that you love Destery! Go somewhere else if you want to watch his videos.” My sister Jada said, clearly annoyed by me. I love this YouTuber, and you probably have heard of him before. His name is Destery Smith. He is everything I think about. He does not know me, but someday I want that to change. I and one of my best friends Kayleigh were gonna go to meet him over spring break. He said that he’d be happy to meet any one of his fans, so why not his biggest fans?

Chapter 1: Driving, and Heaven

Tomorrow is spring break, and I’m gonna go and pick up Kayleigh so she can spend the night with me so we can leave early tomorrow morning.

“Hey girl, I’m on my way over.” I said.

“Okay, I’m ready to go. I’ll be outside waiting.”

“Alright see ya in 10.”

As I hung up, I felt this nervous rush coarse through me. I think it was because I was driving to Florida. I mean, he does live pretty far. It’s probably because I’ve never driven this far yet. I’m sure I’ll be fine though, as long as I listen to the GPS. When I got to Kayleigh’s house, she was waiting like she said with two suitcases at her side. She hopped up and got into the car. “Oh my god dude, I’m so damn excited. This is my dream come true!” She said after slamming the trunk to my car. “Mine too;” I said “I’m as excited as you are.” I took a sip of my Pepsi and drove off.

BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP!! My alarm went off and I literally fell off of my bed. Kayleigh was sleeping in the guest bed and she got up like it was nothing. “Morning,” I said to her. “Morning.” She yawned and stretched. I did the same and then went to go and get coffee. “Oh my god are you f***ing serious?” I yelled. I’m out of coffee. “What’s wrong?” Kayleigh shouted from the other room. “We’re out of coffee. Do you want me to go to Starbucks and get us some coffee?” I shouted back. “Sure,” she said, “but nothing nasty.” She made a face. “Why would I get you something that you didn’t like?” I said chuckling at the thought.

                We ended up just getting coffee on the way there. This was going to be a long drive; from Indiana to Florida. The drive was exhausting. We were about a quarter of the way there, and I told Kayleigh to trade me so I could sleep. She did so I got some sleep. And we went like that back and forth. But before I could trade her again, she woke me up. “Leah, we’ve got a flat.” She said, not knowing what to do. “Well did you pull over?” “Yeah, but I don’t think you have a spare.” She said worriedly. “I do, it’s in the trunk. I’ll be right back.” I changed the tire. We were already behind time.

Now we are in Georgia. Kayleigh is driving. It’s boring still and nothing to do. We keep on driving, and we finally get to Florida. He lives in Orlando, so it will take a couple more hours. I tweeted Destery and Nathan and said “In Florida right now. We’ll be there in a couple of hours, but we don’t know your address.” I didn’t think they would tweet back, but both of them did. Nathan said, “Okay well see you soon! Can’t wait to meet you!!” and he gave me the address. Destery said about five minutes after Nate and said, “Okay, are you guy’s fans of ours?” I tweeted him back and said, “Yes, HUGE fans. We would love to meet you, and we have been driving for 16 hours already.” “Damn. Well if you’re gonna end up driving for 19 hours total, go ahead and come on over.” And he gave me the address. “Thanks see ya in three hoursJ.”

By the time that we got to Orlando, it was 11:00 p.m. We were gonna go straight over there, but we didn’t think that they would want us to come that late. I messaged Nathan on Twitter and said that we just got to Orlando and we would meet them in the morning since it was too late. He replied back with, “No, you guys have already driven 19 hours and you probably haven’t stopped to eat. You’ve used all of your gas trying to come here, and that’s what you’re gonna do. You’re not gonna waste money on a hotel either. Just come on over, it’s not that late.” Wow. I thought to myself. I never thought they would want to meet their fans so badly. They must be really lonely. I chuckled at the thought. They should never be lonely. “Why are you laughing?” Kayleigh asked me. “Oh, Nathan said we could just go over there now. He said we shouldn’t waste money on a hotel.”