1-Raksha

As I awoke, my stomach rumbled in hunger.

My 'home' in this prison of experimentation never fed me much.

My starved and dehydrated body weakly lifted its head, staring out the door as someone entered.

Actually, it was multiple someones.

I growled as they neared my cage, unhitching the locks, freeing me.

A hand grabbed my scruff before I could get out, attaching a chain to the thick, heavy metal color around my neck, weighing me down even further.

I growled at the arm as it retracted from my scruff.

The chain was yanked harshly, throwing me across the floor of the lab.

The men in the room started to discuss using me in the field, that was when the alarms started blaring.

"Test run starts now apparently," one of them said.

I growled at the two as the chain was dragged out of the room, forcing me to walk behind it.

Eventually, the dragging stopped and the loud ear-piercing sound of gunfire and explosions sounded.

They detached the chain from me and fired a shot between my paws.

I started running away.

The smell of blood hit my nose.

I saw an unsuspecting man seeking shelter behind a tree.

He had a bow and arrow, my stomach rumbled at the smell of his blood. He had an obvious slash on his leg, crippling him.

He whipped around with the bow drawn back, an arrow aimed at me.

I bared my teeth and snarled, he seemed shocked by my beaten and starved body.

He started to talk to himself, but I paid no attention to his words as I stared at his bow.

I thought about the times the scientists had tormented me with all sorts of weapons, bows included.

My ears pressed against my skull and my fur rose on end, making me appear much larger.

I started to slowly stalk a circle around him.

When he was to slow to turn completely, I launched myself onto him, but not before he fired an arrow into my chest.

I howled in agony, raking my claws into his shoulder.

I pushed him away and ran with the arrow still embedded in my chest. It was sideways, you could see it coming out of my upper shoulder.

I heard him say yell something to no one, I kept running until I could no longer hear the gunfire and explosions.

I had to be at least ten miles away from the site, my chest burned.

I didn't think I could make it this far with my lack of food.

I collapsed mere few inches away from a stream.

I couldn't reach the water so I was forced to stare at what I needed, but couldn't have.