The Start of A Journey

Zane's POV

As soon as Laurance said that Levin and Malachi were missing Aphmau squeezed my hand really hard. I put my arm around her, comforting her. She nestled into my chest tearing up. She finally stopped crying and calmed everyone down.

"Aphmau. I have a plan, have everyone meet in the old town center. Okay?"

"Okay Zane. I hope this works." She says and runs off to get everyone.

Soon everyone is there; Aaron, Garroth, Katelyn, Travis, Lucinda, Dante, Aphmau and I.

"Okay, we brought you here to discuss about a plan to find Malachi and Levin. Zane would you like to explain your plan?" Aphmau asked me.

"Umm, I have most of a plan if that makes sense. Anyways, I think we should all look around for clues first to where to start looking. Then we have some people stay behind, and the rest find Malachi and Levin." I said hoping they would actually listen to me.

"That's a good idea." Katelyn commented. Honestly I am really glad she is listening at least.

"Okay then lets all take a part of Phoenix Drop and search for clues. Aaron you take the shore where your hideout was, Dante the safe hold's wall, Garroth the inside of the safe hold, Katelyn the Irene statue, Travis the housing area, Lucinda the forest, and Zane and I will take the docks and a little bit around here. That okay with everyone?" Aphmau said.

"Yep." They all say in unison, besides Laurance.

"How come you and Zane are going together and the rest of are by ourselves?" Laurance questioned Aphmau.

"Because then I can keep an eye on him, we don't want him tricking us or anything." She lied to Laurance. I could tell she was lying. We all went our separate ways then.

Aphmau's POV

Zane and I went over to the docks and started looking around for clues. There was an awkward silence, then again we were really concentrated on finding some sort of clue. We were looking for about a good 10 minutes.

"It's useless! We aren't going to find them!" I screamed in frustration. I fell to the ground crying. Zane sat next to me and hugged me. I cried into his chest, every time Zane held me like this I felt safe...like nothing could hurt me even both of us. He held both of may shoulders making me face him, we looked into each others eyes. 

"We will find them, and you know how I know that?" He asked me, I just shook my head signaling I didn't know.

"Because I know you. You would never give up, and I won't give up either. I know how much they mean to you, and that means I will do everything in my will to help you find them." He said reassuring me. We both got up and hugged again. When we broke apart something glared in my eyes I found what it was as Zane followed me. I picked it up and it turned out to be a black cross necklace, but it also had something else with it...Malachi's green scarf.

Zane's POV

"Hey Aph. Can I see that necklace?" I asked her hoping it's not what I thought it was. She gave it to me.

"Oh no.." I muttered.

"What? What is it?" Aph asked me a little worried.

"It's my father's necklace..." We both just stood there frozen knowing that if my father has Malachi and Levin...we have no idea what could be happening to them right now.

"Let's go back and meet everyone. We NEED to tell them this!" Aph took my hand and pulled me back with her to the town center.

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but again I have had writers block. Also comment down below what do you think is gonna happen next. Bye!