Beautiful Nights & The Balcony

Zane's POV

"Ahem."
Oh no...Aph and I slowly turned towards the voice to find it was Travis. 'Phew, I could've been killed if it was Laurance.' I thought.
"...Uh...we finished early and decided to look at the stars..." Aphmau said breaking the awkward silence.
"You're just lucky we are good hunters and Laurance and Garroth are carrying the heavy animal back here so they're a bit behind." Travis said. Soon Laurance and Garroth came back with the food. It ended up delicious!

~~~The Next Morning~~~

Aph's POV
I woke up to the bright sun beaming in my face. It looked like the sun didn't come up not to long ago. The others were already awake getting ready to head off. They let me get ready and we went off.

~~Time Skip to nightfall because I got mini writer's block~~

 We ended up taking a stop at Pikoro village, it was almost night fall. Everyone put their horses in the stables. I turned around and saw Lord Luke walking towards us.

"Ah! Aphmau, how are you?" Lord Luke said happily.

"I'm good! But do you have any vacant houses or rooms for us to use for the night? We're traveling a long distance and needed the break." I replied.

"Oh yes! We have three rooms in our hotel, and one vacant house. The house has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom." Lord Luke said pointing in the direction of the hotel and the house as he talked about them.

"Okay, we'll take the three rooms. Thank you so much!" I said smiling at him.

Lord Luke nodded and went back to his business. I turned around to my friends and told them the plans. We decided on who shares a room with and ended up with; Garroth & Laurance, Travis & Katelyn, and Zane & I. The others went ahead of Zane and I, when I felt something warm on my hand. I looked down slightly and saw Zane's hand interlocked with my own. I felt heat rush to my cheeks, and instantly looked back up acting as if I didn't see anything. I tightened my grip on Zane's hand...I heard him chuckle. I went to go look at him, but he was already looking at me. We stared into each other's eyes for what felt like forever when we both turned away at the same time and continued towards the hotel.

"Hello, Lord Luke said there were three rooms available." Garroth said politely to the old lady behind the counter.

"Oh yes,  here are the keys. Enjoy your stay!" The old lady said kindly.

Garroth passed out the keys, and we all went to our rooms. Zane and I finally reached our room, he held the door open for me.

"Why thank you kind sir!" I joked with him.

"Your welcome m'lady!" He joked back.

We entered the room and was still laughing. We then went to bed, our backs facing each other. Although I couldn't go to sleep, so I got up and went out to the balcony of our room. I looked at the forest, the sky, the stars, the moon. I then felt someone's presence behind me, but it was a nice kind of feeling. It was Zane. I then felt arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Could't fall asleep?" Zane asked.

"No. You?" I replied without looking at him.

"Same thing...the night sky is beautiful as always." Zane said staring off into the distant sky.

"Yep," I looked at Zane this time. "This seems familiar." I said grinning at him while blushing.

"I don't remember it quite well, could you refresh my memory?" Zane asked flirtatiously.

We leaned in closer to each other, then I felt a pair of lips on mine. I never thought I'd be kissing Zane, but I'm kinda happy about it...? We pulled apart and stared into each others eyes for the second time tonight. It felt like hours we were just standing there enjoying each others' presence when it was really just a matter of minutes. Zane and I went back to bed, this time facing each other and holding each other.

A/N I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER?! I'm trying my best to write, but with school and my life that I apparently have now is taking over everything. I hope this was good for not writing in a while. Let me know what you think will happen in the comments down below.

~Thx for reading! - Sami