Chapter 2; Seeing right through

VERBATIM: Chapter 2

Chanel's P.O.V:

The rest of night was pretty relaxed. Although I may have let it go at the time, I'm still pretty pissed off at Derek. I understand that he doesn't feel like he needs help, but he does. He smokes a lot and has a short ass temper. We could be having a nice conversation about bunnies and happiness and he would find something to bitch about.

He isn't all that bad, though. I do enjoy his company and the way he makes me feel. He is a good person and has a way with words.

Not to mention he is deliciously attractive. His hands know exactly what they're doing and his smile..God, his smile is everything. I looked up at him and just stared for a second. His jaw was slightly clenched as he was concentrated on the TV. It was around ten in the morning and we laid on the long leather couch, my head on his stomach and his arm draped over my waist as he drew circles on my side. My shirt was slightly raised and I would get tingles whenever he'd touch my skin with the very tip of his finger.

His phone pinged showing that he had gotten a text. When it did it again, I pretended as if it was the reason that I woke up and shuffled a little.

"Nelly," he said softly. I loved when he called me that, it's so cute.

"Mmm," I hummed and he tapped my butt for me to move a little so he could reach for his phone. I groaned and rolled my eyes. I was comfortable, can that wait a second..

After a while it started to ring loudly, echoing throughout the room the large room. He hurriedly retrieved it held it up to his ear, "What?" he hissed.

A few seconds later he hung up and tossed his phone on the table and sat on the arm of the couch. He let out a long breath and ran his fingers through his hair.

I didn't want to get too nosey but I was really wondering what the person might have said to him. I stood up and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck as I stood behind him. He leaned into me, his back against my chest.

"You alright?" I said in a soft voice. He just shrugged and held my wrists in his hands.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Nate's coming over in about an hour by the way. So, please put on some clothes." I went to argue that his t-shirt was clothes but he cut me off, "Actual clothes. You know, the ones that won't showcase your ass to my friends."

I huffed and tried to pull away from him but he held my wrists tighter and kissed the inside of them, "Thank you," he smiled up at me with his perfect teeth and dimples.

I mumbled a whatever before walking away feeling a sting on my right butt cheek. I glared at him over my shoulder and he looked around the room then back at me.

"Wasn't me." he shrugged. I rolled my eyes and shuffled upstairs. I like it when he's playful and in a good mood. Although his remark made no since because no one else is here. I stopped in my tracks whipping my head around and narrowed my eyes being paranoid. Yep, just us.

I took a long relaxing shower and put on some grey joggers with a black long sleeve crop top. I stared at myself in the mirror and puckered my lips. I ran my fingers through my hair and grabbed my phone. I had gotten a text from Alana, my best friend, inviting me over to her house later. She's been my friend since ninth grade and was basically family. She would ask me to come to her house all the time just to hang out with me and talk about dumb stuff and eat fatty foods. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. I always do.