Chapter 3; No hints taken

VERBATIM: Chapter 3

Chanel's P.O.V:

We sat on the floor in front of the couch with a blanket across us. I had a bowl of popcorn in my lap and Alana's bowl was filled to the top with chips. I made it to her house about an hour and a half ago and she was sitting just like how we are now.

We caught up for a few minutes and she told me about this guy that she's into. His name is Tyler I think. Since we were already on the topic of guys, she asked he how Derek and I were doing. I grabbed a handful of popcorn before answering, "Same as before; difficult. I'm stubborn, he's stubborn, we both like to be right. I mean but who doesn't like to be right?"

"Right, but that doesn't mean that you are." she said.

"Yeah, I know that. I just-okay remember when I said he was getting better? He was. I swear he was, but I don't know. I'm not going to put it all on him, though," I tightened my ponytail. "And you know what's sketchy?"

She hummed and stuffed her mouth with chips, "His ex..she invited us to her party." her eyes widened and I chuckled because she looked like chipmunk.

"Why," she stopped talking to finish chewing, "would she invited us? Especially me? Didn't I almost beat her last time we saw each other?" Alana asked.

"That's what I said! Anyways, yeah, it's coming up soon and Derek really didn't seem comfortable talking about it. He also didn't tell me those little details, Nate did."

Alana nodded, "Interesting. Does Derek know that you know?"

I smiled, "Nope. And since he doesn't want to go, I'll go by mys-" she cleared her throat.

"I mean with my you, my best friend. The wind beneath my wings, the apple to my pie-"

"Okay, I get it. When is it?"

"Next weekend. So, you're in?" I smiled.

"Hell yeah." she said giving me a high five before digging her hand into my popcorn. I gasped and took some of her chips.

She glared at me. I shrugged, "Sharing is caring."

..

"So, do you think it would be okay for me to bring Tyler to Valer's party?" Alana asked. It was a little past ten and I had gotten two texts from Derek. I told him I'd be home in a little bit and not to worry. I was going to go back earlier but Alana and I were focused on our conversation. You know those late talks with the people you trust? It feels good to just let your thoughts out.

"I don't see why she would be opposed to it. I'm still wondering why she invited us," I said.

"Maybe she's planning on pranking us. What if right when we walk in she has people throw things at us!" Alana gasped.

"Like what?" I egg on trying to hide my smile.

The hummed then snapped her fingers together, "Hammers,"

"Oh, right. I also keep a life supply of hammers to throw at people when they walk in," I huff and roll my eyes.

"You can never be too safe! It doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Anyways, do you think it has anything to do with Derek? Why she invited us I mean." she said.