Chapter 5; Clothes Minded

VERBATIM: Chapter 5

Chanel's P.O.V:

After we both got dressed, we decided to go in Derek's car. I sat in the passenger seat and rapped the lyrics to "I Mean It" by G-Eazy while he stared at me in awe. I smirked and kept going.

"Weak rappers tryna bite the sound, but my style is a lot to munch," I said. Derek glanced at me again then back to the road ahead.

"So, I guess you like this song," he smiled. I nodded then continued to go off and point my finger as if I was talking about someone.

"But you're dope, you got a bad chick, yeah, cool bro we all get it," I tapped Derek and flipped my hair at the bad chick part. He drove around trying to find a parking space and I turned the music up louder.

Once he found a spot he went to take the keys out by I smacked his hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"The song isn't over," I cheesed at him.

"It almost is," he argued back.

"Yeah, but it's not." I said. I waited for him to say something witty back but realized I was being dumb and laughed to myself. The song would be over by the time we finish the conversation.

"Okay, we can go now," I rushed out and opened the door on my side. When Derek got out he came over to me and took my hand in his. We started walking towards the entrance and I laced my fingers through his.

"Where to first?" I asked and swung our arms.

"To get me a new phone." he replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "New phone? What's wrong with it now?"

"It's cracked."

"It's always cracked." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, not everyone is as careful as you are with your phone." he said.

"It's not that hard to buy a case, Derek," I stated the obvious. It's not like I don't drop my phone(doesn't everyone?)

"Cases are lame." he scoffed. I furrowed my eyebrows, a grin on my lips.

"You're lame," I said as we turned into the store.

"But you love it so what does that say about you?" he smirked at me.

"That I have terrible taste,"

I walked to the closest rack and looked through the clothes. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He bent down close to my ear and whispered, "I think you taste pretty good."

My eyes widened and I swatted his chest. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away. I rolled my eyes. You'd think after all this time being with him I'd be used to his mouth. After I picked out a few things, I walked to the dressing rooms. Derek noticed and followed suit. I handed him my purse and clothes and he huffed.

"You had to un-man me didn't you?" he said as he closed the door behind him.

I laughed and pull my shirt over my head. "It takes a real man to hold his lady's purse, babe," I kissed his cheek. I turned to grab one of the shirts he was holding and he pulled them away from me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him and tried to reach for them again. He pulled away again and I squinted my eyes at him.

"You look sexy, Nelly. Just like that. Why put a shirt on?" he asked. I smiled at him and kissed his lips softly. He pulled me closer to him so I'd be standing in between his legs. Derek kissed me hard and smirked into the kiss and pulled away.