3.

I couldn't help myself, but to go. What could it possibly be? Is it just Ian being Ian? Should I go back home and just talk with Jackson first? All these thoughts creep through my mind, but by the time I make the decision to turn back, I was parked in front of said building.
         I closed the car door walking towards the three story building with shattered glass windows and worn painted bricks, no doors just cut outs of where the doors were.
        I swiftly whipped out my phone to text or call someone, anyone, because the uneasy feeling in my stomach was to strong to ignore. As I did so, Ian appears from the darkness of the buildings shadows with a crooked grin.
"Thought I said to tell no one." He peered at me as a lion does his prey.
         "Yea. I was just..." I stammered, "Checking the time and wondering why this couldn't have waited until tomorrow."
         I sounded loads more confident then I felt, honestly I felt like a helpless antelope."So what is it?" I urged.
"Come inside." He said slyly.
         I entered the building and followed him to the middle of the empty room. There were a few boxes scattered around that looked to still have some sort of explosives in them. I saw what seemed to be gasoline flooding the ground surrounding the barrels and boxes which concerned me the most.
"Ian?"
         "Funny story, Mariana. There's a lot you have yet to find out about your boyfriend. You'd say you knew him the best, but how could one know such a liar that well. Truth is you don't know him. He's not what you picture him as. He doesn't deserve you. Frankly, he's going to hurt you and break you down until you, my dear, don't have a leg to stand on." He speaks as if he was above me, pacing slowly back and forth as he spoke with his hands, "That's where I come in...I can help you. Offer you protection he cannot." He stepped closer and closer to me, his eyes locked on mine, trying to convince me. 
"Mariana?" I hear Jackson's voice exclaim from behind me.
"Jackson?" I call back, scanning the building for him.
          He steps in through the door and nothing but worry remains on his face. "Ian stop." Jackson speaks softly, like he's trying to convince Ian from-
          I turn back to Ian to see him holding a lighter in the air. It all floods into my head. Everything that could possibly go wrong in this moment...and I'm standing in gasoline.
         "Look who it is." Ian lets out an evil chuckle, "Jackson would you like to explain why a beautiful young woman like herself has to be sacrificed tonight? After all it is your fault."
          "Jackson what's going on?" I question quietly not taking my eyes off the silver lighter, not making a move, manly because I'm too scared to. 
         "It could've been different, but no you had to 'fall in love'. It's quite tragic really. You're supposed to be the last person to ever hurt her, but you are hurting her the most." Ian laughed obnoxiously.
"Jackson..." I just said his name, but I was begging for him to save me as a tear rolled down my eye. I slowly tried to move in his direction, but Ian grabbed me tightly, wrapping his arm around my neck.
"Ian, please. We can figure something out. This isn't the time. We had a deal." Jackson pleaded.
          "Eye for an eye my friend," Ian grinned before sounding bitter,"That deal ended when my brother was murdered last night."
           He dropped his arm and I sprinted towards Jackson. I didn't dare look, but I felt the heat of the fire on my back. Jackson ran behind me as we made it back outside the building. He pulled me into his embrace and looked into my eyes, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" 
          "I'm fine, I'm fine." I tried calming my breathing patterns as I tried to think of a logical explanation to all this. "What just happened?"
Jackson instantly cursed under his breath, "I have to get Ian."
"What? No!" I yelled out of concern.
"I have to." He kissed my lips and headed towards the entrance again, looked back one last time, his blue eyes said it all. How much he meant when he said, "I love you."
          That's the last thing he said before braving the flames. He wasn't in there but 10 seconds when I heard a loud explosion that left my ears ringing and threw me onto the ground.