Chapter One

Robin

I hadn't moved from the couch for days. I was drunk and angry and covered in my own tears. "Dammit, Barney!" I screamed. "Why? How could you do this to me?"
I almost thought it was a trick I kept thinking he'd walk into the apartment with an engagement ring, begging me to give him another chance. The thought of Barney Stinson begging almost made me smile.
Almost.
The was a gentle rapping at the door. "Go away!" I screamed. The lock clicked and in walked Lily, her face blotchy and red like mine. "Hey, sweetie," she choked out. "How are you doing?"
I gritted my teeth. "Why, Lil?" I asked softly. "Why did that son of a bitch leave us?"
Her lips trembled. "I don't know." She put her arms around me. "Robin, it'll be okay."
I wrenched myself away. "Okay? The man I love is dead! No part of that is okay!"
I wasn't sure if I was sad or angry, or who I was angry with, all I knew was that there were tears streaming down my face and my shirt was covered in snot stains.
"You still love him?" Lily asked softly.
"We didn't break up because we stopped," I sniffled bitterly. "Not that it matters, I'll never see him again."
"We're all going to miss Barney, I just hope you know you can come to me. Things can go back to the way they were as long as we're still healing."
Lily enveloped me in a ridiculously tight hug, I could feel her shaking with her own sobs.
Barney Stinson, I love you so damn much.
Too damn much.