Just another Birthday

It's morning,and not just any morning, it's the morning of my birthday. Yes, I'm happy, I mean who wouldn't be. You get cake, and free stuff. But for some reason today feels weird. Like if something bigger, more important, than my birthday is going to happen.

I just don't know what.

I was expecting the usual routine. Wake up to my mom bringing me breakfast in bed,as my dad dose the same for my brother. Then after eating the "delicious" burnt eggs and pancakes that my mom would of made, I'd get ready for school. They'd wait for my brother and me to finish, before bringing out two cupcakes with candles in them while singing happy birthday. But today,when I woke, there was nothing. It was just like another day. So, I did the usual and got ready for school. When I finished, I went in the to the kitchen to see what I could grab to eat on my way out. Too my surprise, everyone was sitting at the table eating cereal. My dad, who would be in the bathroom changing his tie because he spilled coffee on it, was perfectly dressed, eating brand cereal. And my mom, who usually would be looking in a spoon,checking to see if she had any of her overnight mask left on her face, was just blankly staring into space while shuffling spoons fulls of Cheerios into her mouth. The only normal person here was my brother. He was still in his pajamas, half sleep, slurping down the rest of his fruit loops. When he finally came too from the sleep spell that he was in, the same face that I had came on to him. We stood there looking at our parents in both astonishment and confusion.

"What? Is there shaving creme on my face?" My dad asked as he rubbed his chin feeling for any sign of left over shaving creme.

"I wish." Ash said as he studied our parents more in depth.

"Why would you wish for such a thing as that?" My mother asked, finally getting out of the blank stare like state she was in.

"It's just that, that would actually be normal."I said in response as they got up in unison and put their dishes in the sink.

"We really don't know what your talking about." My dad said as he looked at my mother with concerning eyes.

"Well you guys are just acting all-" Ash started to say until dad interrupted him.

"Any ways, you guys should get going. Ash, go put some cloths on,and Alexa, you seem ready, I sagest that you be on your way to school." he said as he gave me the "right away" look that he gave to Ash when he was sent to his room. I look back at him with an even more astonished face, and all I got back in return was "Go head" From my mom and a warm smile,with my dad still giving me the look. So, with only one option, I left.

That was it.

The school day went by the same as it always dose. With me doing my work,and Ash getting kicked out of class for being a fool. All in all it was a pretty normal day. And that would be fine, if it was just another day. But it wasn't. It was my birthday,and the people that should care the most didn't even acknowledge it. And to top it off, they practically threw me out of the house.

What else could go wrong today?