chapter 5

Pictures all over my lap and teary eyes carefully trying to focus on all of them all at once. But that's not how I usually spend the weekends.  

Over the course of 2 weeks since moving here, I quickly learned that school won't be a problem for me. Everyone there is so nice, smart and most of all... NO DRAMA! I really thought that school would be the big problem but nope. Its all good.

So I had made a few acquaintances but I'm always hanging around with my, now officially called, two best friends.

Like today, I was already invited to hang out with Melanie and Chris to go to the mall where we did the most cliché thing, photo montage in the photo booth. Not that I'm complaining since it was my first time coming to this mall.

Melanie claimed that 3 is better than 2 when taking the picture, because it show that we are 'squad goals.' We spent the entire trip just going into the stores and not buying anything too expensive.

I bet the store clerks at Macy were mad that we went in their stores taking forever at looking at the products and leaving without buying anything. But we did however stumble upon a Hot topic and spent all of out parents money buying the latest merch.

There wasn't a lot of people at the mall, considering we went at 10am on a Sunday. Only just a couple of teenagers, a few families and the staff members.

Yep everything was going great until my phone ringed.

"Hello Jade? Where are you?" My mother said in a worried tone.

I could tell something wasn't right. Its very rare hearing my mom worry about things, especially since she isn't the worry wart. I checked the time and realize its already 1 pm

"Mom? I'm at the mall with Melanie and Chris. I totally lost track of time. I'll be home shortly." I ended the phone call, no longer wanting to waste time.

I looked up from my phone to my friends and gave them an awkward small smile.

"Sorry amigos I have to go home, but hope to see you tomorrow at school." I said trying not making them feel bad that I couldn't hang out more with them.

"Oh okay. Is everything alright? Something wrong?" Melanie asked with concern. With Chris right by her side with the same look while eating ice cream.

'I wish there wasn't anything to be concern about.'

"Everything is alright, my mom wants me home to have girls time together." I said after biding them a goodbye, still not fully convinced.

Thank goodness that I took my car today. It would of been awkward if I came with the duo and asking them to take me to my place while having a good time. I wasn't ready for them to see my house, or my family.

To ease off the stressfulness I listen to my goddess, Melanie Martinez, and jam out to her Crybaby album. Its so funny that I have a friend name Melanie and I'm listening to an artist name Melanie. I'm going to start thinking of some nicknames for her.

"GOD I WISH I NEVER SPOKE, NOW I GOTTA WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH SOAPSOAP."

Just as I was about to open the door of my car and continue singing off key, my phone rings, it was from Chris. I wonder what he wants? Not in a rude way.

"Hey Chris whats up?"

"Hey Jade are at home?"

He's doing that thing where he answers my question with a question. Something's off.