chapter 6

I was in AP English class, the last class of the day and it was just a typical Tuesday afternoon. I was on the verge to spacing out on my assignment because I couldn't think anything but what had Chris said.

"Will you go out with me?"

Maybe he didn't really mean it and he was just joking around. Or maybe he did really want to go out with me and he is secretly in love with me? Lol, as if anybody would want to date me.

But I have the feeling he was forced to ask me out. Why would he asked through a phone? Wouldn't you want to ask that person out in private? I know I would.

As I was about to get more interested with this, the bell ringed indicating that the day is over. I was rushing trying to get ready with all my stuffs when I tripped over a bag close to my desk.

I felt my cheeks warm red and my body in mild pain when I saw a hand in my view reaching out.

I looked up to see a boy in a black hoodie there with concerned/embarrassment written all over his face.

"My bad, I should of picked up my bag. Are you okay?" He asked me as I got up.

I made sure my body was okay and see if anything is out of the ordinary. "Um, I mean I don't need a arm amputation, just a little pain but that's all." I said with a smile.

The boy left out a sigh of relief and smiled too. "Good because I would of felt bad if you got hurt. But anyways, hi I'm Johnny." He said as he stretch out his hand for me to shake.

I looked up to see he had the most memorizing shade of brown eyes and his black hair was silky and he had a beanie too! And don't forget about his freckles, spread across this cheeks and his nose. They looked liked as if it was paint splatter on a clean blank canvas and it should be hanged in a art gallery. Too bad I already had someone stuck in my mind.

"Hey I'm Jade." Letting my face showing the impression that I was friendly, because that's how I roll.

"Oh I know." He replied smoothly and his faced changed into petrified.

"Uhhh, what?" I nervously asked.

"Uhh, well I mean- well you know that your new- and people intend to find out who the new kid is and," he continues, "your name is written on your book. Nice shade pink by the way." He finished out with a crooked smile.

I sighed out a breathe of relief and being grateful that this Johnny boy is no stalker at all.

"Oh, right still the new kid around and thanks. For both the helping hand and the compliment, I didn't think pink sparkles is still acceptable." I joked around.

"Well I guess you should get going then. Don't want to keep someone special waiting." He said jokingly too.

"See you around Johnny." I finished off before stalking off to my locker.

I heard an echo, calling my name, across the hall and saw it was Chris calling for me. When I looked at him I saw that Melanie wasn't around, its so strange not seeing them together. For these past weeks since arriving here and getting to knowing them, I get a vibe that they been through a lot together and seeing one by them self almost seems unreal.

"Hey Chrissy, what's up? Where's Melon?" I said using the nicknames I came up with, pretty clever if I do say so myself. I looked behind him to see if she's around. Empty hall is all I see.

"Oh Mel told me that she was getting a ride with Harold, her current crush at the moment," he rolled his eyes at the mention of Melon's predicament, "and she will see us tomorrow. And I kinda need a favor." He said with a pleading look on his face. We were already in the parking lot.