The flaw in the plan.

I don't know how long it was, but I suddenly had the sensation of falling. I felt the ground hit my feet and looked around. I was underground. In a cave. Made of netherrack. I smile, knowing I had been given second chance. And this time I was determined to not mess up. Walking outside I opened my arms, welcoming my new life.

I soon found a nether fortress and walked inside, hoping to find blazes. It didn't take long before I found the spawner. While I waited for them to spawn, I got out a book and wrote an apology to those who I had destroyed their homes, and burnt their creations. If they ever came into the nether and found me, I would give them the book. It was the least I could do.

Suddenly, I heard a voice, 'Who are you?'

Turning round to face the source of the voice I replied, 'SilverGarnet. I will do my best not to harm you.' I finished, facing the voice's owner. It was a blaze.

There were two of them now and one asked, 'If you help protect us, you don't have to live alone. We will be your friends. We know of your problem.'

That's when I knew that even monsters had friends. For that's what I was. A monster.

I answer, with hope lighting up in my eyes for the first time in a week, 'Yes. I'll help you guys. I just wish I had come here sooner and prevented a lot of unnecessary deaths. Besides, I feel happier here than up there.'

'It's a deal. You'll help us and we'll help you.' Replied the one on the left.

'I'm Ember, and this is Flame. You don't look like you belong here. Are you visiting from the surface?' The one on the right asks, gesturing towards Flame.

'Ember! The poor thing looks like she's been through hell and back!' Flame nudges Ember.

I overhear Ember mumble as she turns away 'We are in hell.....'

I shrug and call out, 'I'm going to explore, I'm bored. An-and..' That's all I get to before I start crying. As usual, my tears are drops of magma, cooling before they hit the ground into perfect teardrops of rock. Why does everything I do burn? It wasn't fair and I hated it.

'Silver? Or Garnet? Whatever your name is, what's wrong?' I hear Flame ask and soon I am telling them the whole story, starting when I spawned to when I should have died.

When I finished, there was silence. I stood up and started to walk away, aware that Flame and Ember were watching me. I turned the corner and ran, trying to escape my thoughts, when I came upon a block I had never seen before. It was colourless, while at the same time opaque. It seemed to shimmer in every colour imaginable. I decided there and then to create something, like no one had ever seen before. I smiled to myself as I thought that it would the perfect chance to take my mind off the day.

However there was a flaw. I had no tools. I needed to go to the surface, and for that I needed a portal. But how was I going to get one?