Rotten fish stink and cold water is cold - Prolouge

It was a really early and cold October morning. Kevin walked down the long asphalt road down to the docks. The only reason he did this was because his former boss at the bicycle store had fired him without any reason. A co-worker of his had then told him, with an evil smile on his face, that they were hiring people down at the docks. Of course, Kevin had been suspicions about it. But he would never have thought it would mean going down to the docks ‪at 4 am EVERY morning.

He got closer to the docks and he could soon hear the seagulls screaming and see the light from the big headlights lighting up the docks. It wasn't until he came a little closer when the stench of rotten fish hit him. He covered his nose with his dark green knitted scarf but he could still smell it.  "This is definitely just a temporary job" he sighed to himself.

When he finally arrived at the docks there was no one there. His co-worker had told him to look after a guy called Gavin. What he would look like or where he would be, he hadn't said. Kevin started to look around but couldn't find anyone so he stopped at the edge of the dock and stared down at the 10 feet drop down into the ice-cold water. And once again the thought hit him "Should I jump? This all could just be over with... one...single step..." Just as his foot was hanging over the edge his thoughts got interrupted by him sneezing. "Fine I will keep living" he mumbled to himself and took a step back.

He turned around and started walking back the way he had come. He looked around a second time to perhaps spot this "Gavin" and just as he was about to start the long walk back, he saw a boy with headphones standing a bit further up at the road, writing something in a notebook. He looked the same age as Kevin, around twenty. Could it be Gavin? He started walking towards him when suddenly a big truck came driving down the road at an incredibly fast speed. First he thought it would slow down, but it just kept going. A sudden panic struck him. The boy standing in the middle of the road didn't move, but the truck did and it was closing up. Kevin started to scream at him to move. Of course, he didn't hear him so Kevin started running towards him. He threw himself at him just in time to push them far enough to avoid the truck. The truck roared past them and down in the ice cold ocean. The wind after the truck ripped Kevin's scarf off and it flew and landed in a puddle of water a bit further down the street.

The boy Kevin now had under him looked rather surprised at him. Up close Kevin noticed the boy had green eyes and hair. Both in a antifreeze green. 

"You can get off me now" the boy said and smiled a creepy smile. Kevin who hadn't really noticed that he were lying above him quickly stood up.

"No thanks?" Kevin asked but didn't get an answer. He looked down at the truck slowly sinking in the water. "Isn't this the time to call an ambulance?" Kevin asked out loud half expecting an answer. Kevin looked back at the guy and now he could see that the boy had really weird clothes. He looked like a jester with green, black and white coat and pants. But he was missing his hat. Was he cosplaying someone perhaps? But what was he doing at this hour down at the docks? 

"I owe you one!" The jester boy said and stood up. "I'll give you one wish. You can wish for anything! Money, love, fame, name it!" He looked rather serious even after saying that ridiculous sentence and smiled his scary smile. 

"Are you serious?" Kevin asked laughing, but with a bit of curiosity in his voice. The jester boy just nodded. Kevin stood there in awkward silence, not really believing in him. It's probably just a stupid prank. How would he even be able to grant a wish? He thought to himself and tried to figure out something impossible to ask him just to see what he did. 

"I wish to know what happens after you die." Kevin said and smiled but then immediately regretted it, the guy could just say anything. 

"Is that your wish?" 

"Eeh..." Kevin muttered but got cut off. 

"Well, that's an easy wish to grant!" the jester boy said and smiled. Then suddenly the boy got closer and Kevin felt a sharp pain in his chest. He looked down, his jacket was now coloured a dark red. In surprise he fell to the ground. He gasped for air but coughed up blood. He looked down at his hands and grey shirt which were covered in blood. It was almost as he wanted to laugh. Kevin's vision slowly went dark and his heart stopped beating. The last thing he saw was the jester boy smiling his creepy smile and waving. "Goodnight" he whispered. Then all went black.

--------

Hello! My first wattpad story. Sorry for my bad writing and paragraph divnisioning (don't know if it is called that but hope you understand xD)
// Mellwie