Chapter 1

Sky hadn't known her life would have take a drastic turn like it had last week. She hadn't gotten over the fact that her mother was sending her across the country to live with her fathers wife. Abandoning her like the eighteen years spent as a two-person-family went into a void and had taken her mothers thoughts, feelings, and memory  away from her fragile mind.

the deliberate changes she was about to succumb in her secreted lifestyle were going to be major. It would have been different if she had been told to move from LA to New York, but she had just finished her senior year of high school in Kansas. In the midst of the graduation celebration her mother had pulled her aside and told the shocking news, she hadn't even given her an appropriate explanation as to why she had been told this just now, nor the reason why she would be shipped away.

Sky had noticed the dread in her mothers eyes when she had conveyed the story, as though she hadn't approved of the thought of her little angel being sent away to the enduring city of New York. She hadn't had a second thought about it either, she told Sky that her flight left in a week and she wouldn't be coming with her.

Sky's last week had been a blur and that was probably because of the depression that overcame her when she came into context with her mind. Like she had finally settled the constant contemplation going on in her head. The constant bickering of her conscious , what was wrong, and what was right. Even to this point her mind had false interpretations and she would struggle to see the real from the stories.

As if she were in a coma, she was emotionally drained and couldn't concentrate on the littlest things such as the tv. She couldn't even come to terms with herself to brush her thick Red hair. Her normal brilliant blue eyes looked as if a storm had taken over the sky in her orbs.

As she sat there on the plane she blinked repetitively, she had just woken up to reality. Her heart started pumping and she swore she was going into cardiac arrest. Her breathing quickened and she tensed...

I have to get off this plane, she thought treacherously. She opened the widow on the side of the plane that provided a amazing view of the ocean they were currently passing.

Was I seriously out of it that long? Sky bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows in concentration. She looked back at her nails that were deeply inserted in the leather seat, her right hand in a specific grip that had caused her thumb to dribble in her own blood.

Blood has always made her stomach turn inside out, even the slightest amount would make her feel as if she was riding a endless rollercoaster. Her mother had told her that her fear had penetrated from something in her life presented earlier. She had always questioned the fact why, but she'd always be too busy trying to escape the velvet red nastiness to remember to mention it to her mother.

Her eyes were pulled in several different directions, her pupils almost felt dilated. Her body was being violently resistant to what her mind was trying to get through.

Sky had emanated that she was in the possession of a panic attack. Taking deep breaths and counting to 10, just as her therapist had preserved for her.

****
The pilot had just announced that they were minutes from arrival a decent 5 minutes ago. Sky took a deep breath

how bad could it be? Sky thought, she knew how dreadful it was but every time that thought crawled into her brain she would turn it away.

Hey guys, I'm entering a contest called #OnceUponNow. It's where you write a modern day fairytale, but if you are 1 out of 25 most voted YOU get YOUR book PUT IN A TARGET NEAR YOU!!! The writing stages are from April 12 - June 12 and then voting is after that. I would love if you guys took your time to read this. Yes, I've postponed Misfit Rebels for this, but this is a short story ( 4,000 to 9,000 words ) so please please please vote for all of the chapters, if you like them of course.

Thank you this means so much to me ❤️❤️❤️❤️