Chapter 6

"Sky?" Sky sighed as she heard her step sisters yell her name for the hundredth time today. 'I need a water.' Or 'go outside and get the groceries.' She was here for less than a day and they'd already found a use for her. Their own personal salve. She'd been laying on the ground, due to none of her new family offering to help find an extra mattress, heck even a sleeping bag would be better than the moldy floor she'd been on now. Just as she put the final box down in her new room they'd been picking at her constantly. She'd made the room slightly more roomy since the moving bus had just arrived. Of course getting no help from anyone. Sky would have asked for help from Ashlyn, but then again they'd just met today and nothing screams desperate or lazy more than 'Even though i just met you will you help me carry thousand pound boxes up the 30 flights of stairs?' She did manage to get the dresser and night stand up through the passage from the girls room to the attic quite easily. "SKY!" Another holler could be heard below her and she opened the attic door.

"What?" She asked more agitated than the previous answers. Blaire looked at her with an irritated look and she pointed to the door. Sky looked towards the door and back to Blaire in confusion of the question the older girl was trying to get across.

"Someone's at the door." Ivy answered for her sister and Sky longed the answer to the girl even though she already knew what she wanted. "Answer it!" Sky rolled her eyes and walked to the apartment door and opened the door to a very handsome boy. He had curly brown hair that was gelled to the right. He had beautiful brown eyes, nothing like her step mothers and Blaire's. She felt like she could stare into them for hours. He was tall and built well; his eyebrows were so perfect they seemed combed. What threw Sky off was that he wasn't dressed in a Chief's jersey and checkered shorts with worn down converse. He was dressed in a black pant and grey topped suit with a red tie, and shoes that looked more expensive than her whole wardrobe combined. He was dressed like no boy in Kansas

"Ugh, hello." The boy smiled obviously caught with his words. Most likely because he'd never seen this girl in the household that he often resented. Sky tilted her head in order to study the boy standing in front of her. " Is Mrs. Armstrong here?" He asked loosening his tie and as well studied Sky.

"No, she's out. Anything in particular you need?" Sky questioned and crossed her arms. The boy looked at her in confusion as to why she was here. "I'm Sky I'm Matilda's step daughter. My mom sent me out here with no reason to go off of." She said with no enthusiasm at all. She wasn't quite sure as to why she was telling the boy all this, but she felt slightly at ease and might be using this chance to try to convince herself of what was happening.

"Ah, Well would you mind telling her about my party this weekend?" His smile glistened as he reached into his pocket to hand her what seemed to be the invitation. She reached forward to accept the envelope, but before she could grab it. Sky was then again pushed aside by her step sisters causing her to plummet to the floor and rub her head.

"Hi, Brandon." Blaire said in a high pitched voice Sky could make out before she hit the ground. As Sky's vision regained itself she could see the boy looking at her in concern. She was smart enough to figure out that he was repeating the question he'd just asked her. Sky stood up, brushing herself off and huffs in and out before walking back to her room. Not to say that Ivy didn't push her aside along the way.

So I haven't wrote this book for a while and I'm a little stuck. Do depending on how this chapter does will decipher wether or not I'm going to continue it. So vote, comment, and share if you want me to continue and if not go ahead and tell me why.

Thanks!

~Hailey