The Date

"So he asked you on a date?" Jordan said crossing her arms.

"Yeah it was just sorta out of the blue, though I feel something between us." I said laying an outfit out on my bed.

"How could I have been so blind!" Jordan said face palming herself, "Rayne and you were enemies but he seemed to hang around you. You must have developed feelings for him!"

"Well that's a little late," I said walking into the bathroom with jeans and an MCR styled shirt.

"Aw cute," Jordan said as I walked out of the bathroom. "Now kiss him and everything will reverse!"

"Easier said then done," I said climbing out the window.

"Good luck!" Jordan called as I ran off into the Enchanted Forest.

15 minutes later

"Melody you came!" Rayne said turning around, he was wearing a leather jacket and some jeans. The date was propped on a hill with a blanket and a radio.

"It's perfect!" I yelled hugging him.

"R-r-really?" Rayne said scratching the back of his head.

"Yes! Now turn on the radio and we can talk," I said letting go of him.

Rayne turned on the radio, we talked for a bit but every question he asked we both had the same answers. And it felt like I had known him for years.

"I felt a connection when I gave you back your bag." Rayne said looking at me as I gazed into the stars.

"Everyone seemed to that day," I sighed. I had to tell Rayne the truth, it wasn't fair I was ruining his life over a little selfish wish that I made. "Do you believe in an alternate reality."

"I believe I have a better life in there," he said jokingly.

"I'm serious, and what if one little wish could have changed that?" I said looking away.

"Do you believe in that?" Rayne said putting his hands at my chin and pulling me to look at him.

"Yes," I said bluntly.

"Then I do to."

"Why?"

"Because I trust you." Rayne said looking back at the radio, I like this song he said turning around to turn the volume up.

"The world around me is lost in misery
The only good I've got in my life is you.
No meaning
No other reason
When everything feels wrong I feel right with you"

For some reason I recognized the song.

"So madly
Desperate
Deeply
Obsessed your love is better than life to me"

Rayne looked at me lovingly, and that's when I realized I wanted to be with him, I wanted to make him happy no matter what life I lived in.

"Can I have this moment forever"

Rayne nodded his head no, I knew he wanted his old life back.

"Take me to the beginning
You are what I believe
I'll live and die for you
This is all that I need
When nothing is real you are my truth"

I smiled,

"In the darkness you shine
Can you keep me safe tonight"

Then he started singing with me.

"When I'm down on my knees
You are what I believe"

I leaned in to kiss him, so he would be set free from these lies. But he pulled away from me needing to say something.

"When we started
Wholehearted
I never needed anything or anyone else
I was broken
You made me whole again
The only one I trusted more than myself"

I continued singing the song.

"So madly
Desperate
Deeply
I will live for you completely
Can I have this moment forever"

Rayne put himself out, ready for me to kiss him, to free him.

"Take me to the beginning
You are what I believe
I'll live and die for you
This is all that I need
When nothing is real you are my truth"

I leaned in.....

"In the darkness you shine
Can you keep me safe tonight."

We were so close that we whispered these lyrics together.

"When I'm down on my knees you are what I believe"

Then we kissed, immediately I saw blinding lights like paparazzi cameras were flashing. But Rayne didn't notice, another white light surrounded us as the drown of paparazzis yelling faded into the distance.

"I'm scared!" I yelled at Rayne as he slipped into the light.

"Believe in your love
Believe in your life
Believe that you can put me back together on the inside
Chase all the fear away
Everytime I speak your name
Take me
You are what I believe"

Then he slipped away, my tears starting to fly upward. "Rayne!" I yelled starting to cry, "I'm sorry. I put you in so much pain!" I could almost hear his voice singing.

You are what I believe
I'll live and die for you
This is all that I need
When nothing is real you are my truth

I sang back to his voice.

"In the darkness you shine
Can you keep me safe tonight"

Then I heard both of us singing.

"When I'm down on my knees you are what I believe"

"Are you ready Melody? You have one more wish," Jordan said coming out as the song ended.

I thought back to the paparazzi, Rayne's career would be ruined. Everyone but me needs to forget. "I wish that everyone but me needs to forget what happened."

"As you wish."