Chapter 4

Trés POV

Sighing, I rested my head against Billies door.

I felt a warm feeling spread through me.

He said he loved me.

Yeah but he was drunk. I argued to myself.

So? It doesn't mean its not true!

Well what should I do? Its not like he'll remember any of this anyway, he's way too drunk.

Then something clicked in my head.

Its not like he'll remember this anyway.

huh....

I twisted the door knob and walked in again. This time Billie was sprawled across the bed, his eyes drooping closed and his hair a fluffy mess.

I moved towards him and as I did he looked up.

"Tré?" He mumbled, exhaustion clear in his voice. He had been working to hard lately and the last thing I want to do is stop him from sleeping.

I gently sat on the bed next to him and stroked his hair, brushing the longer bits out of his face. He watched me with cautious eyes.

"Tré what are you-?" He started but the rest sounded muffled as I bent down to kiss him.

I felt him freeze under me, which I had expected but soon enough Billies lips were moving in sync with my own.

After what seemed like forever I pulled away and studied his face.

Billie Joes green eyes were open wide in shock, his swollen lips were parted as he breathed heavily. I pulled him against me and wrapped an arm around his waist.

We didnt say anything after that. We just layed together, Billie resting against my chest, our fingers intertwined.

Eventually Billies breathing evened out and his eyes fluttered close.

I took the chance to watch him sleep. He seemed so young. All the stress, all the worry had disappeared.

I gently slipped my arm out from under him before placing a kiss on his forehead.

Standing, I mumbled one final thing to the sleeping guitarist.

"I love you too"

Then I walked out with the knowledge that he would not remember this tomorrow.