Minor Disturbances

You rolled around in your bed unable to grasp the sleep you so desperately needed. You switched positions countless times, front, to back, to on your side to your back again, but still to no prevail. For once you were partially glad that Noctis hadn't come to bed yet purely for the fact that you'd be keeping him awake with your constant fidgeting but, on the other hand, you wanted him to come to bed as it would give you a chance to get into a comfortable position.

He was very busy at the moment and so were you. On average there were at least 4 meetings, meet ups or discussions per day and you had been in charge of sorting out some paperwork for some of them and helping Ignis as he was being overloaded with it. Noctis had decided that he would use his status to dismiss you from working for the night no matter how much you protested. He almost ended up throwing you into the bedroom because you were being so awkward.

"I.Give.Up." You let out a large sigh as you spread your limbs out and kicked the duvet off your body. The cold night air pricked at your skin as you stood up and got dressed into your uniform. You put your boots on and made the bed before heading out of the room and heading towards the lobby, where you presumed Noctis was. "I'll give him a hand with what he's doing. Then, he'll be done quicker and he can come to bed and then sleep can happen. Yes, good plan (y/n)." You spoke to yourself as you walked down the decorative hallways of the palace.

You approached the large door, knocked on it and opened it before a response could be given.

"Prompto, I swear to God, if you try and offer me another piece of food I will personally hang you out of the window by your ankles." He spoke without looking up from the paper.

You continued to walk over to him, "Well, it's a good job I don't have any food and that I'm not Prompto then isn't it? You smirked and he looked up when he heard your voice instead of his hyperactive best friend's.

"(Y/n)? Aren't you meant to be resting? Princes' orders?" He sternly looked at you sternly as you approached him.

"Stressed?"

"Sorry... Yeah." He put his pen down and leant on the table, rubbing his temples with his fingers. You walked up behind him and slowly massaged his shoulders and then leant down, wrapping your arms around his neck and hugged him from behind.

"You've been working hard Noct, you almost done?" You murmured as you rested your head on your outstretched arm.

"Yeah, almost. I've just got seven and a half pages left...."

"Seven huh... Well, there aren't any meetings scheduled until 1 pm tomorrow so, why don't you stop, come to bed and do it tomorrow?"

His hair tickled your cheek as he moved his head slightly, contemplating what to do. You could practically hear his brain working as you stood up and as he tried to decide what to do but, his mind was soon made for him as an incredibly large bang sounded from below you. You jumped rather a lot when it sounded, yelping slightly and Noctis jumped to his feet and you stared at each other straight in the eyes.

The next thing you knew, you were both sprinting down the halls towards the lowest level of the palace - the basement. You paused at the door to the storage area and heard crashes and growling from the inside. Noctis slowly and quietly pushed the door open and you both slipped through creeping alongside the wall. You stopped walking at the corner of the wall and you bent down a little and Noctis pressed his back firmly against the wall as a Behemoth prowled past you.

"Holy hell. How did it even get in here?"

"It must be a summon..." Noctis growled.

"This is gonna be a problem."

"Nah." He spoke as his eyes turned red and he summoned his sword.
"It's just a minor disturbance."
_______________________________

I wanna say thanks to emblyn_rose coz this:

She's a Bae and you should all totally check out her stuff coz she's an awesome writer! XD

I shall take a story request or two from you coz I wanna do something to show my thanks~ emblyn_rose  ♥️😁

I shall take a story request or two from you coz I wanna do something to show my thanks~ emblyn_rose ♥️😁