Nyctophobia

-fear of darkness-

You walked down the hallways of the palace after finishing a long day at work. Well, you say 'work' but all you actually did was give Noctis moral support while you threw knives at him in training.

You chuckled remembering the events as you walked but you got interrupted by the sound and sight of the lights above you blinking. The hallways began to look distorted with the endless flickering of the lights.

You gulped as you stood just waiting for your fear to catch hold of you when the lights finally died. Ok (Y/n), it's probably nothing. There's most likely some form of lack of electricity or something and the lights will all come back on in a few seconds...

As soon as you finished your train of thought you heard the bulbs make a popping sound and all the lights shut down at once. You were left in complete darkness. "Shit..."

You now had three decisions or more like options in your head. One, carry on through the hallways and try and find your room. Two, turn around and try and find someone to be with considering you'd probably have some form of heart attack by yourself.

And then there was the third... You didn't even know why this one was in your head to begin with. Go and find the generator and try to- nope nope nope nope! Get that thought out of your head (Y/n).

After not really thinking about option number one, you turned around and started to make your way back to the stair case. Your eyes began to play tricks on you and vases and other objects started to move and become the paranormal.

As you reached the top of the stairs you stopped suddenly as you thought you saw something out of the corner of your eye to your left. You stared down the blackened hall and began to panic.

You could feel the fear swim through your body and to your head making you feel slightly dizzy. It's probably nothing... There's nothing there... You closed your eyes and turned your head up face forward.

You opened your eyes to see a figure standing straight in front of you. You belted out a scream and tried to step backwards but, you forgot you were standing on a step and tripped and fell backwards landing heavily on your butt.

"Hey hey woah it's me! Calm it!"

"Oh my god Noctis! You scared the life outta me!"

He stepped over your legs and walked behind you. He reached down and grabbed your wrists pulling you up. "Sorry. I forget you're scared of the dark sometimes."

"Don't worry Noctie~ it's ok." You turned around and smiled at him even though neither of you could really see very well. "What are you doing up here anyway?"

"I was coming up to see if we had any candles in our room but I'm guessing we don't considering you aren't carrying one?"

"Oh I haven't been back in there yet so I'm not sure... I do however, have very good control over fire magic so we could use that for s little bit?"

"But that'll burn your hand."

"Oh Noct... What do you think these gloves are for huh?" You chuckled at his slight naivety and brought your hand up, lighting your palm up with the orange flames you held it at a safe distance from your faces but made sure you could still see each other.

"See? I'm fine, it doesn't hurt at a-" you were cut off by his lips suddenly pressed to yours. You made an involuntary noise of surprise and he pulled away.

"Sorry I had to."

"Uh no it's err it's cool."

"I've never seen you purely in 'candle light' before and it makes you look hot so..." He blushed a little and began walking away to search for candles.

"H-hey wait! You can't just walk away after saying that. Noct!"
_______________________________