Chapter 2: New beginnings

Training has just begun and it is more harsh, now that me and Yesiel are 17, we finally get to carry real weapons. Unlike the wooden ones we use on dummies and the rest of the students. "this is the test you all been waiting for!" said Master Blythe ( well that's what I call him) " there will only be 12 survivors, the test will begin in half an hour. Choose your weapons" me and Yesiel looked at each other " 12 survivors?, I wonder what the test is going to be about" I said " I don't know, but what bothers me is the word survivors" added Yesiel. When we both arrived to the weapon shack we wee amazed. I chose my weapon, the "Katan O'ren"

and Yesiel got the deadly "battle-skull axes" (he got two of them)

, but the problem is that they were a little rusty and dull. Luckily we snuck into a special blacksmith, he was about to turn 17 next month, "how much is going to take so we could repair these weapons" Yesiel asked " five minutes" he responded. "SLAM" went Yesiel's two hands on the table " this is no joke, now tell us how much time will it take to repair these weapons!" I put my hand on Yesiel's shoulder and told him to chill, the blacksmith frightened to death responded bravely " f-five minutes" " really" I asked , he said " yeah" I asked "him whats your name" he only looked at me and Yesiel for like.. five seconds and said " My name is Nicholas, Nicholas Pooran." right after Nicholas finished repairing our weapons some crazy guards came crashing in the little shed, but we were ready. The first one missed my head by a hair, but I swung my sword clean through his head and then Yesiel went strait at the knights, threw one ax at ones chest, did a front flip grabbing both of his axes and put them in a position making an X with both axes and cut the fool right in half. Nicholas grabbed a crossbow and ended the lives of three men. Then suddenly out of no where this giant ogre came at me, first he threw me right through the shed onto a stone rock. Me with wounds all over my body still stood up and ran straight at the beast, but instead of cutting right through it's body it pounded me straight to the ground I just screamed in pain "AH!!" then he groulled " YOUR TIME IS UP YOU PEST". Before the beast made any move I just heard it scream and when I saw closely there were like a billion arrows coming right through his head. When I turned I saw the new guy standing on the back of the beast. When I made sure the last guard suffered to death (literally, he died) we were heading back to the training base, untill me and Yesiel thought of Nicholas and since he helped us kill the guards, he couldnt escape from what we have brought him into, he would have to be part of this too. " come with us and you will live." I said firmly then he responded " then I choose to live."