1.

Beta:Tinorial Peredhil

Rating: PG-13

Who is in the angst you ask: A few from each as: Aragorn, The Twins, Elrond, Thranduil, and Legolas... evil grin...

Warning: Angst full ahead, violence... guilt... Character death? I forgot the tissues... so bring them on... evil grin...

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them for my own evil plans.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Note: Arwen is not in the story. Forgive me if you wished otherwise.

--

Flashback

"You do not have to do it, mellon-nín, I can ride alone." Aragorn said over Legolas.

"Nay, mellon-nín, I cannot forgive myself if something happens to you," Legolas said gently and added, "My guards and I will be escorting you, and do not even think to protest me!"

Aragorn looked Legolas, his breath catching at his friend's words.

"What?" Legolas asked as he noticed Aragorn opened-mouthed, staring at him.

Aragorn looked at his friend and gave up. "Right then, you won this time."

Legolas laughed lightly. "I know that Elrond will pleased if we accompany you and bring you home in one piece..." he teased.

Aragorn grinned in joy, "Oh... so this is why you treat me so nicely in your home, mellon-nín...."

Legolas laughed and Aragorn joined.

"Come, mellon-nín, we still have a long way, and I know a short cut," Legolas said.

"You do? I thought there was only one way to get to your homeland," Aragorn asked.

Legolas mounted on his horse, and waited for his friend to mount as the guards followed them.

Aragorn scanned the area with his eyes. As his gaze found nothing, he became unsure about the path, so he asked Legolas, "There is no road in here, but forest and river, mellon-nín, are you certain about your short cut?"

Legolas nodded with grace and answered, "The sight that you saw shows none, but when you see through my kin's eyes, there is a secret passage within the forest." He looked at his friend before he continued, noticing the look of curiosity on the human's face, "I am certain that your father forgot to mention to you before... as he knew this road too..."

"Argg..." Aragorn groaned, and thought, 'Adar, why did you let me go on the long road?'

Legolas grinned and continued, "It called The Old Forest Road, and it leads right to Imladris's borders. Have you not wondered how quickly I travel your homeland, mellon-nín?"

Aragorn nodded and answered, "I did wonder, but I forgot to asked you when you arrived."

"Well... mellon-nín, now you know," Legolas teased and added, "Follow me, this road is dangerous. Shadow and fog cover it, so ready your weapons, as we do not know who or what will attack us."

Aragorn looked at him and asked, "You know how dangerous the road is, and yet you rode to Imladris alone? Did your father know about it?"

Legolas answered, as a smile disappeared from his face, "No, he does not know, and the guards already swore to me not to tell him a single word, and I hope you do not spoil it either."