Chapter 4: Lost and Found

.
.

"Were you always such a crybaby?"

"W-What? You see a girl crying and that is what you say??"

I suddenly feel the already fallen hot tears drying up on my now rosy cheeks because of the gentle wind that sweeps against my bare skin. The guitarist and I are now sitting on the edge of the concrete sidewalk.

"Sorry. I'm not very good with situations like this..."

"I should be the one saying sorry. I'm the one who started crying all of a sudden. I never cry.."

"Never?"

I don't expect him to besurprised by what I just said, which makes me turn my head towards his direction to look at him in the eyes.

"Yeah. I mean, what's the point? It just shows how weak you are."

"Interesting..It depends on how you look at it and I don't look at it that way."

This guy named Toru starts staring off into the distance ahead, which is an empty road with not a single car coming or passing by.

"And how do you look at it, hm?"

I am now curious to know what he is going to say since he finds my opinion "interesting".

"Uh..Well, when someone cries there is a lot of meaning behind why they're doing that. So it tells a lot about a person. And usually, when they're done crying, it makes them feel better. So it can also make someone emotionally stable again. Something like that."

I am just as shocked as he was when he heard my words.

"I never thought I'd hear that coming from someone like you."

"What- What exactly is that supposed to mean??"

"Stop being so grumpy, Gachapin. Yeah, it's because you look like Gachapin!"

I start laughing out loud thinking of a picture in my head to see the comparison between the two. Toru, on the other hand, half-heartedly chortles at the comment I just made.

"Anyways, after crying don't you feel better now? You should know it's okay to cry sometimes."

Actually, I do. I feel much lighter than before. There is still some burden on my shoulders, but he is right. This Toru guy is right.

"Yeah.."

"Okay, now go home before you get in trouble again," he says as he gets up on his feet again.

"How did you know..?" I slowly reply, following his actions by getting up as well.

"You said you have a curfew right?"

"Oh. Right."

.
.

Another dream..? But this time it's a continuation of the dream I had the night before...

I bring myself to lift the top of my body up so I am sitting up on my seat again. Looking out the wide window from across the room, it is already dark outside with only a few of the shops in the area's lights on including mine.

This is bad.

This is the second time that I've fallen asleep on my desk in the studio already this week. At least I'm not taking any more customers or clients until I'm done with ONE OK ROCK's request.

Looking down at the project in front of me, I am pretty proud of my sketch so far.

"You're finally up."