~C e r c u l e a n~

Aria
The ride was intense, and most definitely quiet. I was breaking every rule I knew about the new world survival. It seemed they were pretty smart, playing a game such as this. Only if the game was Monopoly, I'd kick their sorry asses.

Patrick drove, and I took the middle. For some odd reason, Carl and him thought I'd try to leave. I honestly think they're very.. Very... Very ignorant and stupid.

Remember when I said I was breaking all the rules? I left my spear outside, and my new knife felt heavy in my pocket.

I hugged my dirty light blue wind breaker to my body, feeling the warmth take over. Carl flicked his cigarette out of the window, and I shot him a glare. In all the shittiest things that happened to the world, I still despise smoking.

Carl looks back at me, the sides of his lips lifting into a grin. His cerulean eyes were unreadable. With a variety of emotions in each one.

"What's wrong with a little bit of smoke?" He asks.

"Cancer, cavities, heart attacks. Excetra." I say, deadpanned.

"Well, when you put it that way..." Carl lead off. He snatched a box of Marlboro from the change pocket in by the cup holder. He opened it, took a cigarette, and handed it to me.

"Your sick." I retort. Carl shrugs, handing it to Patrick instead.

I look off into the distance in front of us, seeing the small pack of Monstra staggering on the side of the road. I nervously finger my jacket as we whiz by quickly.

Jillia always thought that Monstra were still people. She said that all of us who have lived, are worse then Monstra. I honestly don't think so.i think "God" is trying to show certain people something. A lesson. So we didn't try to kill them. Only the dangerous ones.

"Their not here..." Patrick muttered. I sent him a blank stare, following his gaze to the scene in front of us.

There was empty tents, and damp fire places were scattered in the clearing. we were parked in the middle of the woods. I stared at the vacant area. Carl stepped out of the car, his pistol in hand.

"who the fuck would dare to mess with our campus?!" Carl snapped. His teeth gritted as i poked my head out of the car.

Patrick knelt down by the fire, taking a swoop of ashes in his hand and examined it.

"Its two days old." Patrick stated. He stood up examining the place once more. "They left, they didn't get taken."

"Why would they leave without us?!" Carl kicked a tin can across the floor, glaring at Patrick. "You did this!" He pointed an accusing finger Patrick's way.

"Me?"

"yes, you!" Carl stomped over to Patrick, giving him a rough push. I closed the car door, sitting inside (safely) as I watched the two fight. "Your the one who told Laura I couldn't keep this place safe!"

"No I-"

"You did! Now Laura, Tim, John and Seth will all die because of you! You think I didn't know the rumor going around the group I was insane and going to kill you all?" Carl asked. Patrick's surprised face was the perfect answer. "Do you really think I'd try to kill my own group? My little sister?! She's six and probably dead already!"

Patrick made a comeback getting on his feet and kicking Carl where it hurts. Carl lurched over in pain, while Patrick kicked him down. My hand instinctively went for the car handle, but some part of me was telling me it was safer in the car.

  "Don't think I didn't see the way you mercilessly killed Jenna! Jenna was ten years old, Carl. Ten." Patrick began to sob. "She was the only thing I had left, and just because she didn't think straight when it came to walkers- you kill her?"