Chapter Two

Addy turns around the second she hears the moan and her hands fly up to cover her mouth.
"Who's there?!" Addy demands, quickly recovering from the shock. She looks around the room for a weapon, anything to keep herself safe. As her eyes land on the hair brush near by, the closet door flew open causing addy to scream. Out came her friend Anna.
"What the hell?! Why were you in my closet and why did you scare me?" Addy screeches at Anna, breathing heavily from the fright. Anna giggles softly and brushed a piece of hair out of her face. Anna was pretty, not the most beautiful girl but she was very pretty. She had this blonde hair that glows in the sun and so many different blues in her eyes. She was gorgeous to addy but Anna never believed it. Like addy, she had depression and a few other problems.
"It's not my fault, i got worried about you last night and so I let myself in. I panicked when you woke up so I hid in the closet. The scaring you part was a last minute thing." Anna explained softly, her voice sounding weary and gentle. Anna ran a hand through her hair and smiles gently toward Addy.
"Okay, it's fine. Just please never do that again Anna." Addy said to her friend, annoyed slightly.
"No promises darling, I hate promises." Anna responds automatically with a small goofy smile and giggle. She was almost always trying to make addy smile with her little giggles.
"So library now? Or you gonna jump out at someone else?" Addy teases Anna softly and gently shoved her friend. Addys laugh rang clear through her quiet house and after a few seconds Anna joined in. After the two girls finally stopped laughing and messing with each other, they hurried out the door to the library. It didn't take them very long, the library was only a few minutes from addy's house. They were greeted the moment they went in from the lovely librarian, Ms. Scott. She was a single elderly lady from the neighborhood who knew just about everyone in town and was pretty well respected.
"Why hello girls, lovely to see you again." Ms. Scott said quietly to them both and gave them a big grin. Returning the smile and saying hi as well, the girls continued to walk to the back of the library. They always sat at the same table, it was the table that they both met at. The day was crystal clear in addys memory. Addy was having an awful day at school and really wanted to just be alone to think, she was the new girl and all. So she decided to head to the library after school. The walk home was quick and she explained to her mom that she just needed some time before she was quickly gone again. At the library, she has ran practically to the back to see Anna, being picked on by the same people who messed with her earlier. Her blood practically boiled when she saw poor little Anna being messed with and just hated it. She walked over and glared at the two kids messing with her.
"Let her alone, for god sake! There isn't anything wrong with her and I don't want to have to kick some ass. So get the hell away from her and don't mess with her again!" Addy screamed at the two, her hands curling into fists at her side. Her face was red like an apple and her voice was full of confidence. The two kids looked at addy and then swiftly walked away and out of the library. Anna was surprised that someone had wanted to stick up for her and looked too shocked for words. After a few seconds, she hugged addy and thanked her about a million times. Then the two girls talked for about an hour and they both finally had a friend.
"Addy....addy you okay?" Anna said and snapped her fingers in front of addy's face, waking addy from her memory.
"Yeah, sorry. Just thinking of when we first met." Addy said softly and then grins widely at Anna who burst out laughing.
"Best day of my life." They both said at the same time before starting to laugh again. What they both didn't realized was that they were being watched the whole time....