Chapter Three

Addy and Anna finished laughing then went to look at some books. Anna went to look at the books of poetry for a school project and Addy was looking at the mystery section. After a few minutes, addy realized that she didn't see Anna at all. She walks over to the librarian to see if Anna left.
"I was wondering where Anna went? Did she leave or did I miss her?" Addy asks Ms. Scott with a small frown. Addy was worried easily, especially when it came to Anna. Ms. Scott frowns at Addy and then looked toward the door.
"The man who followed you both in left with her about five minutes before now." Mess. Scott explained to Addy in a soft voice.
"What man? We didn't come with a man...." Addy asked confused now, and very worried for Anna.
"The tall man, dark hair, and very muscular. He and Anna walked out and got into the black car near the corner." The librarian answered, looking confused now as well.
"I....I will be back later. Goodbye Ms. Scott!" Addy said quickly, panicked a little now. She quickly ran back and collected the two girls things. With the bags in hand, she ran out the front door and wildly looks up and down the street.
"Anna! Anna where are you?!" Addy screamed, her face full of worry. She ran toward the corner and looked around the block for a black car. She didn't see one nor did she see her friend. Sick with worry, addy ran down the street toward her home. She burst through the front door, scaring her parents.
"What the hell addy! Why are you home so early and what's wrong?" Her mother asked quickly with a small frown. Her dad just glared at her and went back to watching the tv.
"I lost Anna! I think something bad happened to her, Ms. Scott said some man took her and left with her and I can't find her and what if she is hurt?!" Addy shouted in her panicked rage, starting to cry big, hot tears. Her mother was a little shocked and her father turned off the tv. Addy then ran into her room to think of what to do next, way to worried to care about how crazy she was acting. When she got to her room, she saw a note on her desk. It read:
"Dear Ms. Addy,
Your friend Ms. Anna Black has been taken to join our program. She will not be returning anytime soon, don't tell the police about this letter or anyone else. This will be between the two of us. Your friend will not be harmed if you keep this to yourself. She is a special girl with special powers just as yourself and we need to train her for her future. We will be back for you one day, don't worry. You will see her again soon, just be patient. I'm sorry for the suddenness and for any inconvenience this will cause you.
Sincerely,
Agent Mitchell.
Addy look at the letter and read it five times, and had just put it in her drawer when her mother walked in.
"Sweetie, I called Anna's parents and they said that the man was her uncle. She is moving in with him but didn't want to tell you. I'm so sorry but she is gone. Maybe you can visit her this weekend, she only lives an hour away." She said softly with a grin. Addy nods and silently thought of the letter.
"Mom....I need sometime alone. Thanks for finding this out for me." Addy said softly then her mother left, closing the door behind her.
"What if the letter is right? What if she was taken? Do her parents know about it or were they like Brainwashed?" The thoughts ran wild through her brain. With a small sigh, she laid down on her bed and slowly drifted into sleep.