Chapter 3

"All right, girls, we'll stop here. It's been tough on you guys lately," Jaewon joked. "I'm sorry, the company wants to push forward your comeback date, I can't say no,"

The girls from f(x) nodded and understood that their comeback was approaching; they needed to quickly master the steps correctly and smoothly so that there would be no mistakes during any stages, live or recorded, in Seoul or elsewhere; they wanted perfection, smoothness, and synchronization.

Krystal was the first to get up from the floor and head to her bag, pulling her phone from her pocket. She smiled as she unlocked her phone's screen. 

"Date again?" She chuckled and shook her head before picking up her phone and starting to type.

"Having breakfast with us?" Sulli inquired, attempting to check her phone for news to relay to Amber, but Krystal placed it on her chest.

"Oh, no. I already have a date. You should have told me sooner, Sul." She apologized before zipping up her bag. "I'm going now, bye guys!"

Amber stood up before Krystal could walk out the door. "Wait!" she yelled, turning around.

"Yeah?" Krystal asked with her eyes wide open.

"What are you doing?" You should join us for breakfast and then go home to rest."

Amber is well aware that she does not want to go out to dinner with him, and she is well aware of who she will accompany. Amber wishes to prevent her from leaving, but who is she? What legal standing does she have to intervene? As a companion? As a participant? Or as her fling?

If she were her lover, she would have told Krystal off and refused to let her go out with a guy she dislikes.

"No, Ber, I'm afraid I can't. I already have a date, but I promise I'll see you guys soon." Krystal smiled tightly. "I'm going now before I'm running late."

Amber sighed and closed her eyes, lowering her cap to conceal her face. She despises it. She despises Krystal's ability to walk away without feeling any pain or dislike for something the other party is doing. 

Amber is exhausted. How long has she been in pain? One month? No, it has been three years. It took her a year to realize she was in love with her "pairing" created by S.M.

Krystal would probably think it's for action, for fans to see. But not anymore, according to Amber. In the first place, the two meet, collaborating to create a "ship" for fans, a love line that they don't bother with. Krystal dislikes it because it is too cheesy for her tastes. She didn't want to show off her "sister's love" for Amber because she either disliked it or ignored her most of the time.

Amber, on the other hand, is content. She'd rather be on top of this OTP thing, Krystal says. "It's more like she's the man in this relationship, she works things out like a man." Amber laughs it off and forgets she's a girl who doesn't fall in love with another girl.

***

"What do you think about homosexuals? Lesbians, in particular," Amber bites on her crackles from Ailee's pantry.

"They're fine; I heartily support them!" There is no right or wrong in falling in love with one another, even if you are of the same species." 

Ailee frowned. "Why did you ask? What's the deal? Oh, Amber, please don't tell me-"

Amber shut Ailee up with her eyes closed. "No, Lee, you're completely wrong. I'm simply seeking feedback." Ailee laughed as she replied.

"I know everything, Ber. It's not like I can't see right through you. I've studied you from head to toe, even though we haven't spent much time together. 

You think I can't tell what you're thinking on the inside?" She chuckles.

"Give it a shot; you never know if she'll fall for you or accept you. The girls in New York are the same way. I've seen a lot of them from the community around, and some of them are even my friends. The most important thing is that they're all happy!" 

Amber sighed. She believes she is a coward. Why can't she confess like the rest of us? What if Krystal is kidnapped? What would she do if Krystal became someone else's girlfriend? 

 "Come on, Ber." You need to step up your game before Krystal is asked out, which I'm sure you don't want." Amber nodded as Ailee spoke.

"I'll do something. I will."

***

Krystal was in a good mood that night, smiling and singing. She sighed softly and sat down beside Luna on the couch.

"What's up?" With doubt and suspicion in her voice, Luna questioned, why is the youngest one smiling and singing? Even if she is a dork, she isn't like this in the dorm.

"Nothing!" Krystal responded with a smile and a slight flush. Luna didn't believe it; she knew something was wrong, and it was a big one.

Luna stared at her, her eyes devouring her soul.

"All right. "I was asked to be someone's girlfriend!" Krystal squeaked, and Luna raised an eyebrow.

"You what?"

"I got asked out!"

Luna burst out laughing and embraced Krystal. "Aww, my baby girl has all grown up!" she exclaimed as Krystal laughed.

"Of course I did!" Krystal chuckled.

And soon, the entire dorm will learn that Krystal has a boyfriend. They're all pleased. Except for one person. Amber.

'Ailee and Sulli are both correct. I ought to have been more aggressive earlier. It's my fault. I blew my opportunity.'