·~*WRITING*~·

So the most important part of writing fanfiction is.... writing the fanfiction! Don't stress about this too much at all. Wattpad is a very friendly community. I have been here since May of 2014 on my old account, and I was a member even longer on an account that I don't even remember. I think I deleted it. My point is, I've been here a long time, and I have never gotten a bad comment on my writing. And if you saw my old books before I deleted them, StarClan, they were BAD.

So don't think that people will be mean to you, because they won't. Unless you're writing like... porn. Or homophobic, sexist, or racist stuff.

Also, for those of you wondering how to get reads, you just have to be very active. Vote and comment for peoples' stories, and FOLLOW THEM, and your account will get quite popular. When you do nice things, people do nice things back.

And don't be discouraged from writing. ALWAYS KEEP WRITING! I have an account with 1.51k followers and my book has.. 10 reads! That's not going to discourage me from writing. Keep writing, always, and finish the book. It still doesn't have many votes? Edit it, revise it, fix it, and write it again.

Now, once you get one popular book, it boosts the popularity of your other books. I'd suggest something like Name That Apprentice, Guess The Warrior Cat, Oc Ratings, or some other kind of book that gets you a lot of comments/votes.

OR you can be original, then everyone takes your ideas without credit and nobody even knows that you invented this game in the first place. That is.. fun -_-

Anyway, tl;dr version: Don't stop writing just because your book is unpopular and don't be afraid to publish your books because you will NOT be ridiculed for it.