Chapter 1: Reset

I was falling. "Did I reset? No, or at least I didn't." I thought as the ground rushed towards me. I felt the pain of hitting the ground and blacked out.

"H-hello? Frisk? Please wake up." I heard as I slowly regained consciousness. My body felt sore all over. Dazed, I sat up and opened my eyes trying to find who was talking to me. My vision was blurry as spots danced in front of my eyes.

As my vision focused better I saw Flowey. Only, Flowey seemed frightened and he looked badly injured. Some of his petals were missing, he had gashes along his face and stem, and he was trembling.

My instincts kept screaming not to trust him because he's Flowey. But he seemed, different. Flowey would never act weak, especially to me.

"What happened to you?" I asked gently. I slowly extended my hand to the shaking flower. He stared fearfully at my hand.

"You have to hide she's coming!" No sooner than he said that I heard footsteps in the far hall. Flowey gave me a look of pure terror. I quickly dove behind a large white pillar surrounding the flower bed.

I looked back and to my surprise it was Toriel who was walking over to Flowey. I was about to run over to Toriel and hug her. But she seemed different. Her normally well groomed white fur was a mess, her elegant purple and white robe was now red and black, dirty, and had rips and tears in a few places.

"T-Toriel" Flowey was quivering "No one has fallen today. So p-please don't hurt me again."

Toriel towered over the trembling Flower, "Why shouldn't I? That'd be the only amusement I'd get today." The malice in her voice made my skin crawl. I was tempted to run out and give myself up to help Flowey, but something told me to watch this play out.

Toriel scowled and crouched down to eye level with Flowey. "Fine, I'm feeling generous today. But you better hope there's a child tomorrow, or you'll get a double punishment." Flowey violently shook his head as she rose back to her full height and walked out.

After a few minutes went by, Flowey popped up next to me. "She's gone and it's safe to come out now." He seemed to still be shaking from Toriel.

"Are you okay Flowey?" I asked him concerned.

"I'm fine, but you need to get out of here. She only comes here once a day so you should be safe for now." Flowey said as he continued to shake.

"Can you tell me what happened? What made Toriel change?" I asked Flowey

"Okay, I think it has something to do with this last reset. I guess it corrupted everything. Because in this timeline everyone is mean and ruthless. It really is Kill or be Killed here." Flowey paused for a second. "They'll kill without second thought. Especially a human child. They want to break the barrier and get revenge on the humans who trapped them here."

Flowey's news shocked me. I thought about all of my friends becoming mean ruthless killers. I tried to imagine it but I couldn't. "But, after seeing them I've noticed that there is some of their old selves inside. But the only person who I think can help them remember who they really are, is you."

The hope of saving your friends fills you with Determination...