Chapter 4: A Bone to Pick

As soon as Flowey and I walked outside the Ruins, we were met by a gust of cold air. "Brr! It's c-cold F-Frisk." Flowey started shivering from the cold snowy weather.

I remembered my ribbon. Quickly, I untied the bow in my hair and wrapped the fabric around the shivering Flowey. "B-but Frisk! That's your only piece of armor," He objected.

"But you're cold. So I don't want you to get sick or something." I said plainly as Flowey gave me a soft smile. I walked through the cold snowy forest as the wind tried to rip away the little warmth I had.

I walked over a large stick. After a couple steps I heard a crunch resonate through the dark forest. I whipped around and saw that the stick was now broken.

"What was that Frisk?" Flowey asked, I could feel him start trembling. "Don't worry. Nothing bad is going to happen," I said confidently. "I hope," I quietly whispered under my breath.

Once we continued walking, I could feel someone watching us as we made our way through the dark snowy forest. We had made it to the bridge where I would normally meet Sans. I froze as I heard snow crunching behind me.

"I'm about to have a good time..." I heard an ominous voice declare. Suddenly, I was forced into a battle and my soul appeared once again. My assailant was none other than Sans.

My red soul turned blue and San's left eye and hand began radiating a red energy. I was lifted into the air and slammed to the ground as a red hole appeared. I quickly rolled out of the way as bone shot up from where I had just been. With every swift movement of his hand I was thrown in another direction.

This continued for a few minutes until Sans seemed to get frustrated. "Come on kiddo you're working me to the bone." Sans seemed to chuckle at his own joke.

Luckily Sans hadn't hit me yet. Before the menu showed up our fight was interrupted by a loud bone chilling voice,"What is going on here?" I looked back and saw Papyrus.

Instead of his cool battle body he was wearing light black armor with spiky shoulder sleeves. His beautiful red scarf was now a tattered mess tied around his neck. He was even wearing black jeans now. I was immediately dropped and the battle ended as Sans ran up to Papyrus.
D*'.
Sans was also different, his blue hoodie was now a leather jacket with furry trim. His shorts were now black and instead of his blue slippers he was now wearing black boots.

"Papyrus-" Sans tried to say but Papyrus cut him off. "I told not to attack any humans that came by! I specifically said to bring them to me! But I come to check on you and I see you attacking a human!" Papyrus yelled.

The two skeletons were so busy arguing I was able to slip by unnoticed. I quickly ran through the forest, trying to distance myself from the skeletons.

I came to a deposit box then instinctively Opened it Inside was a Tough Glove. I put my Toy Knife in the box and noticed my HP was at 30. "Hey Flowey, did you notice my HP changed to 30 I asked Flowey who shook his head.

"That's weird... I don't have any LOVE or EXP so I don't know what's up with that " I thought aloud as I shut the deposit box. As Flowey and I made our way through the forest, we had to fight all the dogs and the other monsters.

Well most of the dogs... I never saw Greater Dog and the other dogs said they killed Lesser Dog. When I heard the news I felt heartbroken. But I guess Lesser Dog couldn't be evil. But this knowledge made me push on for Lesser Dog's sake.

Oddly, I was already most of the way through and I had encountered no traps or puzzles. All that was left between me and Snowdon was the bridge that Papyrus would've set up the gauntlet of terror.

Flowey tensed up around my arm. "Frisk I don't like the looks of this. What if this is a horrible trap, we could die." Flowey said fearfully.

"Honestly Flowey I'm scared. Sans has already ruthlessly tried to kill me. I don't even want to see how different Undyne, Mettaton, Alphys, and Asgore are." I confessed, "but I know I can save them, I just need to be brave."

You're determination to brave the challenges ahead fills you with Determination...