Chapter 5: Integrity

After standing at the beginning of the bridge for a minute, I mustered up enough courage to cross. I carefully made my across the extremely long bridge.

After I was about half way across the bridge a bone whizzed by my ear. I looked up and saw Sans and Papyrus standing on the other end or the bridge with wicked grins.

"You may have escaped me once but I assure you it won't happen again," Papyrus said cockily. "Prepare Human! The Gauntlet of Deadly Terror!" Papyrus bellowed as a black dog appeared at the end of the bridge.

Flowey let out a giggle. "That's it? So deadly," Flowey said laughing. Papyrus smirked as Sans let out a chuckle as an axe began swinging an inch from my nose. The Axe was immediately followed by spinning spears that drilled holes in the bridge and the dog at the end turned into Greater Dog.

I took a quick step back. Then I looked behind me and saw Sans leaning against the bridge post sneering. "Of course you can surrender by walking over to my brother Sans. However The time you have to make the choice is limited." As Papyrus finished Sans began slowly making his way towards me, his gold tooth glinting menacingly.

"Frisk what should we do? I'm scared!" Flowey said as he began sobbing. Sans continued to advance as my mind raced to make a decision. "Oh Flowey, I'm scared too. But, I can't let my fear stop me from saving my friends. I need to be brave." I thought before I made my decision.

"Tick-Tock Human. It's almost time to make your choice." Papyrus declared, confident he knew my choice would be to surrender. "Come on kid, don't be stupid just come to your pal Sans." Sans tried to persuade me.

"I'll take the Gauntlet of Deadly Terror." I declared to their surprise. Sans ran over to me and tried to grab me before I ran past the Axe, then ducked under the fire as it tried to blast me, and then I quickly weaved around the spears. My heart was pounding. Despite my fear, I entered into a battle with Greater Dog.

His name flashed before me along with the menu. I pressed ACT then chose to throw my stick. Greater Dog was growling at me but as the stick flew past him he could barely force himself to not chase it. He then raised his spear and it turned light blue. He swung the spear but I remained still remembering what Sans had told me in a different timeline about not moving when the attack is blue.

I stayed still as the spear flew at me. At the last moment I remembered His attacks change colors and the spear turned white and it hit me full force. My HP dropped to 24. My arm hurt but I pressed ACT and chose to ignore Greater Dog since that's how I would normally beat him.

He snorted and got closer. Greater Dog then swung his spear again, I stayed still because this time it was white and right before it got to me it flashed blue and passed clean through.

I ignored Greater Dog a couple more times before I pet him. Greater Dog was so hard to befriend since he was a Mini Boss. After a lot of petting and stick throwing I was able to Spare Greater Dog.

"Hmm... Intresting, you were able to give MERCY to my dog." Papyrus thought a loud. "Human! I will meet you on the other side of Snowdin! That is where we shall finish this. Prepare yourself, because that shall be you final battle." Papyrus declared evilly as he walked into Snowdin.

Sans was leaning against the bridge post looking at the snow. I didn't to walk past him for fear of him trying to kill me again "I'm not going to try to kill you again. The readers wouldn't like me if I had killed you. Now would they." Sans disappeared before he snapped his fingers and disappeared.

"Okay Flowey lets get ready to battle Papyrus. Let's get some food from the store, then we'll sleep and after that we'll fight Papyrus." I explained to Flowey.

"Why are we sleeping?" Flowey asked

"Whenever I sleep at the Inn it raises my HP 10 above normal." I replied, "besides we'll only be there for a few minutes because of the loud sleepers next door. Atleast that's what should happen, its kind of getting hard to remember."

Flowey tensed up, obviously showing concern. "That's not good," Flowey quivered. "It's nothing to worry about right now, I'll probably remember later." I said unsurely as was entered Snowdin.

The Bunny store clerk was very rude to me because she thought I was just trying to steal their goods. I bought the manly bandana and then I got some Bisicles. As I walked out some one ran into me, knocking me over.

"Watch where you're walking punk!" They yelled as I turned and to my surprise it was Monster Kid. He quickly got back to his feet and walked into town.

"Wow that kid was rude." Flowey whispered to me. I was speechless as I watched Monster Kid angrily stomp through town shoving past everyone he saw.

"Forget the Inn, we're heading straight for Papyrus." I stated as I got back to my feet. "But Frisk..." Flowey replied as Determination filled me.

I took the igloo tunnel that put me on the other side of town and headed for Papyrus. "I'll SAVE you," I thought determined. As I exited Snowdin there was a mist that began to thicken and thicken until all I could see was pure white.

A few feet in front of me a tall shadow appeared. "Flowey, time for you to go." Without question Flowey slithered off me and disappeared underground as the shadow began to speak. "Human, I'm surprised you came. I thought I'd have to hunt you down. This is actually quite convenient." The shadow turned and revealed it self to be Papyrus who stared at me with a look of stone.

"Prepare yourself, for now you are at the end of your journey." Papyrus declared as the mist dispersed around us and we entered battle.

The Fight panel appeared in front of me. Something urged me to press FIGHT, but I refused and pressed ACT then I choose to talk to him. "Papyrus please... This isn't you." I called out as Papyrus gave me a cold stare.

"I'm just following orders, Nothing personal." He replied emotionlessly as he shot two well placed bones. I then chose to talk again, "Why are you following these orders?" I asked as Papyrus continued to stare emotionlessly at me.

"We're all stronger as a collective under one mind. As a collective there will be more success." He answered as he shot more accurately placed bones which i easily dodged.

Papyrus seemed to be analyzing my movements. I pressed talk again, "What's wrong with standing alone?" I challenged Papyrus who's stare hardened.

Papyrus remained quiet as he held out his hand, a long bone nearly the size of him shot out of the ground. Instead if throwing it he launched himself towards me. Before I could react in he swung it and he hit me directly in the chest which knocked me to the ground.

Papyrus quickly went back to where he had been standing as I staggered to my feet. My HP was at 22, I pressed talk. "I'm still standing and I'm going to keep standing until you understand." I declared practically seething Determination.

The bone in Papyrus's hand turned blue as he went into a fury of slashes. I stood completely still as all of the attacks passed through me.

This continued for a few more turns until Papyrus became frustrated. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!" He yelled in frustration as I stood with a smirk. Out of turn Papyrus ran at me with his bone and swung at me. When the bone connected with me it shattered into splinters.

I looked at Papyrus and tackled him to the snowy ground. I glared into his eye sockets and planted a kiss on his forehead. Dark blue light emanated from where I had kissed him. Papyrus laid there in shock as I got up and walked past. "Sometimes true strength is the ability I stand on your own." I declared as I walked to Waterfall.

Your Integrity when fighting Papyrus fills you with Determination...