Random Short Story 1: The Heart-shaped 'Sorry' Card

Its Valentines.

Christen Hyles had always loved it merely quiet inside a taxi with its large, man-made leather seats. It was a place where she felt nervous.

She was a courageous, brave, cola in can drinker with black hair and pretty slender fingers. She is attractive both in personality and physically.

Her friends saw her as hilarious, hushed, yet most of the time clumsy, a reason why she keeps a keen distance from boys. She's afraid to commit mistakes and get hurt.

Brave and courageous in all things, but it seems like there's been an exception--- falling, and just falling in love is her weakness.

Christen peered over to the window and reflected on her awkward surroundings. The snow flurried like dancing cotton balls in the breeze.

She breathed out, and held the cola can tighter. She looked over the window again and saw how pale she was.

Her long ebony black hair draped over her brown wool coat, complimenting her already milky skin, made her look even paler. She didn't care. She's too nerved to even bother.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone.

It was the figure of Kirsten Ryles. Kirsten was a tall, young woman. Her hair was tied up in a bun, a beret covering her head.

She wore a white coat and a red scarf, and a black handbag which was from Christen, they used to be BEST OF FRIENDS.
A remembrance of their 5 year friendship, actually supposed to be six years now.

Today is their friendship anniversary, but sadly they couldn't go strolling around malls together, or have dinner or maybe even talk like they used to during those past years.

Uhm, let's just say they are NOT IN GOOD TERMS.

But any way, she decided to meet her up at their fave spot at the park. Not to celebrate their sixth year of friendship, but to have a real serious talk.

Both of them figured that they should clear things out, and part ways nicely.

Kirsten made it clear that she doesn't want to see Christen or even have the slightest of connection with her anymore. She said this would be the last, but Christen prayed for the opposite.

Christen gulped. She was not prepared for Kirsten. She picked up a heart-shaped letter from her handbag, and the cola in the other hand. Her feeling was unexplainable. Her hands trembled uncontrollably.

Now Kirsten sat in a bench not afar from the roadside where the taxi was parked, and Christen was there, inside the taxi, still not moving.

At this, Kirsten fished for her phone in her black handbag, and started dialing. Back inside the taxi, Christen's phone was buzzing. She didn't pick up.

As Christen stepped outside and Kirsten came closer in sight, Christen gathered her hopes up, trying her very best not to look tensed. Her breathing was slow-paced and heavy. She could see her breath freeze into ice as she puffs it out.

The snow is freezing her feet, the coldness of it soothing her boots. Seems like some of the frozen ice had gotten to the insides of her soles, sending chills to her spine.

Finally, Christen now stands in front of Kirsten. There was complete silence, not even a bird's chirp.

Christen faked a cheerful smile. She looked so innocent and happy, but deep inside, every inch of her soul is being swallowed by guilt. Terrible guilt.

"Hi," Christen said, hoping for a response.

"Yeah, hi." Kirsten replied short, staring straight at Christen's eyes.