e i g h t e e n

Joey

"Hey Dan?" I yelled up the stairs. "I'm gonna go to to the mall to pick up some goodies! I'll be back in 1-2 hours!"

"Ok!" He yelled back.

I grabbed my keys from the island in the middle of the kitchen. I put on my brown scarf and ran out the door shutting it behind me. I got into the drivers seat and plugged my phone into the AUX port, and pulled out of the driveway.

>>>

I was walking out of the Famous Footwear shop when I bumped into a smallish guy. He had caramel brown hair. Italian tan skin and very blue-green eyes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry...."

"Joey." I said shaking his hand.

"Kyle" He said smiling.

Kyle. Kyle. Kyle. Where have I heard that name before. Oh well.

"Sorry for being so direct, Joey, but has anyone told you that you have the most beautiful smile?"

I let out a soft chuckle and then a sigh. He was so cute. "Yeah, actually.... My boyfriend Daniel has. Sorry if I led you on at all.."

"Oh no it's fine." He said, an awkward smile forming across his face. "Can I at least give you my phone number, so we can stay in contact?"

"I don't see why not." I said innocently, putting my number into his phone and handing it back. I smiled and walked away, towards the Starbucks cafe. I got my caramel frappucino, and sat down in a booth near the window. I looked outside and saw a crying Daniel jog by. I got up out of the booth, and ran after him.

What has gotten him so upset?