Chapter 1: The Nightmares

My heart pounded as my feet hit the concrete. I didn't know where I was going. I couldn't think. I must knew I had to get away from here. The tears blurred my vision. I looked ahead and all I could see was darkness. I couldn't find a way out. I had to get away from here though. I just had to. My chest lungs started to burn from the lack of oxygen but I kept going. I focused on the sound of my feet hitting the ground.

Soon, I saw the exit. It was far but I could make it. I just had to get out of this place. I found myself getting calmer as I got closer to the door. I reached out to the handle and just as I was about to touch it, someone's hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me back.

I let out a bloodcurdling scream. I tried kicking and screaming but whoever it was was strong. I tried to squirm out of his grasp but i couldn't and I watched helplessly as the door got farther and farther away. Soon, the door was gone and the darkness had returned in its place. The man took let go of me but only for a second before pushing me to the ground, hard. I tried to put out my hands and stop the fall but I was too late and my head hit the floor with a sickening crack.

All around me, I heard laughter. I didn't dare look up cos I knew who I would see. The hands grabbed me and pulled me back up so I was facing him. I closed my eyes to avoid looking at him. He cupped my face and whispered, "Open your eyes." I shook my head no. His grip tightened and now he started yelling. "Open your eyes. Don't make me open them for you!"

Like usual, I cried out. "Its me, Lana. please don't do this to me!"

I felt myself shake as tears started to threaten me. He relaxed his grip on me and in a voice I knew all too well, he said, "Lana, who's Lana?" I knew I shouldn't have opened my eyes but I couldn't help it. The second I opened my eye, I started screaming bloody murder.

********************

I woke up screaming. I was in covered in cold sweat and my feet were kicking as hard as they old, trying to get free of the blanket. I felt strong arms around me and I freaked out. I used my elbow to hit the intruder and then I ran for the door. It was dark so I couldn't find it and ended up coming to a dead end.

The intruder grabbed my shoulder, spun me around, and pulled me into a hug.

"Leave me ALONE!" Why wasn't anyone helping me?

I felt my body grow weak. I couldnt keep up with the fighting. I stopped resisting and the intruder loosened his grip on me. Still holding onto me, he sat down on the bed.

What did he want with me? I have nothing left for anyone to take. Why couldn't I must be left alone?

"Lana, it's me. It's Eric. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to find that it was in fact Eric. He pulled me into his chest and hugged me. "You're fine Lana. It was just a bad dream. Everything will be fine."

I whispered, "Nothing will ever be fine."