Chapter 2: First Day of Hell

This is supposed to be a flashback, I know but I'm going to tell you guys the flashback in present tense as if it's happening right now. Just to clear things up. :))

Hell was the only thing I could think about all morning. Hell was what I called school. It's not that I didn't like school. It's just that the kids could be really wrong. For no reason whatsoever. And this wasn't my normal school either. Atleast I had friends there. Here, I had to start all over.

My parents had decided to move after some unfortunate incidents took place last year and I couldn't go back to that school. Not after everyone found out at least. I was fine for a while but once people found out, they started treating me different. I mean, they were trying to be nice and to help but that was just a constant reminder of what happend.

I didn't tell anyone that I didn't like it though. They would get mad. I mean after all, they were trying to help. So this continued for about a month until I couldn't take it anymore and I left school in the middle of the day, running, and I didn't stop unti I got to my room. When my parents came home 3 hours later, they found me in the corner, staring into space and I wasn't responding to anything they were saying. They freaked out and they took me to the hospital where they diagnosed me with mild depression. After visiting a psychiatrist, my parents decided to move out of the town to keep me from going further into depression.

So that's why I'm here. In Keighly, West Chestire, England. About 125 miles away from my old home, Wolverhampton. And to make matters worse, we had moved in next door to my aunt.

Don't get me wrong, I ove my aunt. But moving in next to her means moving in next to her daughter, Dinah. Dinah was the same age as me but we were polar oposites. She was always popular, I was not. She had a boyfriend, I haven't had my first kiss. She was athletic in every way while I wasn't. So let's just say we didn't get along well. For those reasons as well as the fact that she's a downright bitch!

Our parents still think that we're friends so when we decided to move here, my mom had decided to let me call and tell her myself. That of course inolved me telling her and then her telling me not to talk to her or even look at her unless our parents were in the room.

After everything I've been through for the past few years, I don't know how I was going to put up with Dinah but I couldn't tell my parents, mom and step-dad, that. So I sucked it up. She didn't want anything to do with me and I can guarantee that the feelings were mutual.

When we finally arrived at school, Dinah took off, immediately surrounded by what must be the popular crowd at Keighly Heights.

Sighing, I grabbed my backpack and got out of the car. I had already gotten my schedule and locker last week when I came to sign up. I decided to go to my locker really quick and then go to the library or something unti school started.

Once I got to the library, I sat down at an empty table and pulled out my phone. Not even a minute later, two girls sat down across from me. "Hey! I'm Clarisse! And this is Milllie!" The girl stared at me expeceting me to introduce myself back but instead I just gathered my stuff and bolted as fast as I could.

I heard someone coming after me shouting, "New girl!" Eventually, she cuaght up with me. "Hey! I'm sorry! Did I offend you or something? I didn't mean to! I just was trying to be friends."

My cheeks turned red. What was I supposed to say after I acted like such an idiot? "Umm, no. I'ts fine. I'm just really shy."

She smiled. Did she really think I had offended her? "Oh good! So what's your name?"

"L-lana." I looked down at my schedule. Maybe I should try to find my first class. "Hey- ugh..." Crap. I forgot her name.

"Clarisse!"

"Clarisse. Do you know where room 109 is?"

"OMG! You have Adrienne for art? Me too! We have her together! Isn't this great?"

"Adrienne?"

"Yeah, she likes to be called by her first name! Something about how being on a first name basis creates a bond between the teacher and student! Personally, I think she just doesn't want to feel old!" She laughed and I smiled to be polite. It's not that she wasn't funny. It's just that I wasn't in the mood.

I turned the corner and saw Dinah standing by the lockers with her crew. The moment she saw me, she whispered something to her friends who, in turn, turned to look at me. They started laughing and I immediately knew they were talking about.

I felt tears form in my eyes before I took off running to the nearest bathroom that happend to be past where they were all standing.

As I passed them, I heard someone say, "Why her though? She's so ugly!" More laughter followed that statement.

I ran into the bathroom, entered a stall, and sat there crying. I hear a soft knock on my door. "Lana?"

I recognized it to be Clarisse.

"Lana? Are you okay?" I wiped my tears and took a few deep breaths before opening the door.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. Something was in my eye and I felt like if I didn't get it out, I would go blind for good." I tried to joke it off and laugh but my laugh got caught in my throat and I let out a sob instead.

"Lana.. I'm so sorry. Look Dinah is a bitch. Who cares what she thinks okay?"

"I know she's a bitch. She's my cousin.'

Her mouth fell open a little. "So you're the cousin."

"What do you mean?"

She hesitated before saying, "Dinah told everyone about her cousin who woud be joining school soon. But forget that. I know you don't know me and it's weird for me to give you advice but Dinah wants to see you like this. Wash off your face, reapply our makeup, and show Dinah that she isn't gonna hurt you." She pulled a makeup puch from her bag.

I reaplied basic makeup and fixed my hair before nodding to Clarisse, indicating that I was ready. Clarisse was right. I'm not sure yet if Clarisse is trustable but right now, she was right and I was going to take her advice.

Before we left the bathroom, I asked, "What did Dinah say everone about me?"

Clarisse sighed before saying, "She told everyone that you were raped last year by your brother and his friends. And that's not the worst part."