Chapter 1: introduction

"Alex...Alex!..Alex!!!" I pull my red covers above my face. Can't she just leave me alone? The house fell silent, very silent. I cover my ears realizing I spoke to soon. Thud! Thud!, Thud thud thud! All I can imagine is my mother's high heels stomping up our wooden stair case. Smash! Well, that was a very unusual sound? I lower my covers and look at her with my jaw dropped.

"I'm fed up with you lazing around. Get to school you lazy bitch" She screamed, completely ignoring the fact she had ripped my door off it's metal hinges.

I roll my eyes at her statement and get out of my bed that was still begging me to fall into a deep slumber. I listen as she trudges all the wall back down the stairs.

My mum was wearing those bright red high heels once again proving EXACTLY where she had been last night. She continues to go out every night partying, getting drunk. Leaving me to provide for myself. There's not really any point in having her around if i'm completely honest. All she does is shout and leave me, Almost as if she punishing me for the past. It never was like this, I had a great family. Me, mum and my father Jerry. But, ever since what happened before, every thing had drastically changed. My father left due to my idiotic mother; which was 4 years ago when I was 13 years old. So now, i am stuck with her. Yeah I have heard that I should move out of this continuous wreck but I have no where else to go. I can't find a single trace of my father. I have drowned in my tears for endless years. Just wishing it could all go back to normal. But nothing is ever normal. Is it?

Turning towards my wardrobe, I roughly think of what to wear; not like I have a wide selection. My outfit consists of a white t-shirt along with blue denim high waisted jeans, black converses and a grey jumper. Nothing too plain but something quite simple. I grab my school books and loosely carry them in my hands.

Immediately I rush down the wooden stairs and pick up my black and pink bunny backpack which doesn't look like the newest of bags, unlike my mother's designer bags. Quickly I throw the books inside. I took a glance around the corner peering into the living room. She was watching the cooking channel on the TV. Not like she does any cooking anyway. I turn around to the door and begin walking out. Not forgetting to slam the door shut.