Dreams

His eyes were closed, he was breathing slowl and his body was shivering, it was cold in the prison cell. The coldness seeped through the thick walls, cracks like small streams splintered the corners of the small, claustrophobic space to which the noble was confined...oh forgive me...he isn't a noble any longer. It hurt to see how his clan reacted to his love for Renji. He missed him, he missed him so much but he had no more tears left, those beautiful, crystal tears which still stained his cheeks were no more, in his dreams he found a happy place, somewhere, where he could be with the love of his life, if only...if only it were true...

Byakuya watched his lover. The way he slept, a sketch book placed in his lap and his elegant hand holding the brush in a way which only he could. The cold was kept out of his room, in the Kuchiki mansion (which wasn't his anymore) by a beautiful fire flickering angrily, enveloping the wood like a silk sheet of danger.

His eyes traced the lines of his lovers face, those beautifully chiseled jawbones, that only someone who grew up in a rough environment could obtain. The lines of Renji's nose, as he observed the beautiful creation his hand painted the lines onto the paper that was on his lap. Ever so slowly he watched the fire dance over his exposed skin, that beautiful tan skin. 

He followed the lines of his tattoos that Byakuya appreciated so much, he loved tracing them with his fingers, the surprisingly soft flesh was incredibly sensitive to his touch, and his alone.

He looked at the gentle eyes, they were closed, but he knew how they looked open, beautiful, fiery, dangerous, just like the rest of his lover.

The locks of crimson hair that burst around him like blood, it seemed to seep into the fabric beneath his head. He wanted to run his hands through those thick locks, he loved how it felt between his fingers. The softness. He closed his eyes and refrained from touching the sleeping form of the redhead.

Instead his eyes - and the paintbrush on the sketchbook - traced the lines of Renji's abdomen, oh, his muscles were beautiful, they were a work of art, Byakuya was so jealous of Renji's muscles(not that he needed to be). He loved them, he loved kissing them, running his tongue over his abs, leaving a small trail of saliva. His eyes got to the trail of red hair that ran from his belly button to his crotch, which the sheets covered, they covered a prize only Byakuya has the pleasure of seeing, oh...and it was big...

The gun metal eyes returned to where Renji's arms were, those strong arms, they were so  perfect, the way they held him when he was in his arms, he felt for the first time safe...like nothing could touch him in the world -not that it could anyway- his emotions were safe in this man's arms.

The fire danced around them, gently painting the scenery into a beautiful melancholy, heart breaking moment...and such it was...

His eyes snapped open, tears rushing down those pale cheeks, he shivered a little. "Renji...Renji come back" he whispered into the night...the cold...still night.

The night was cold in the real world too. Renji sat on the futon that Ichigo gave him so that he didn't have to stay with Urahara, he leaned against the wardrobe and watched the countless flakes of snow fall gracefully, like cherry blossoms. Ah...those cursed flowers..."Byakuya" Renji whispered and then took a deep breath. Turns out there really was no need to come to the real world to investigate this reiatsu, there was none when they got there, maybe the equipment in 12th Division was getting old. Try mentioning it to Kurotsuchi-taichou though, you'd end up his next experiment. The redhaired man couldn't help but laugh at this.

The door opened and a certain orange haired boy...no...man...walked in and sat with Renji. "Renji what's wrong with you?" he asked and frowned. Of course Renji had not yet told him about Byakuya. "and who is that new taichou? did something happen to Byakuya?" Renji swallowed the lump in his throat. "ah...well...you see...Byakuya I don't know what happened...he told me to meet him to go to the living world, but this man came instead...come to think of it...his reiatsu is gone" he tool a deep breath. Renji wanted to cry, he wanted to break down and just cry...He didn't want to talk about it now...he laid down on the pillow, his red hair in a braid. "sorry Ichigo...I'll tell you tomorrow" he whispered closing his eyes.