Chapter V: Clipped Wings

Arwen's POV

With my eyes peeled, I turned on my heel in a flash, yet before I could comprehend and counter the situation, I was tightly embraced by a much taller figure. I was so taken by surprise that I had a flat effect to the act.

Their chin rested on top of my head, and I could now feel their warmth, I could inhale their redolence. What is this peculiar, yet intimate feeling?

The stranger then took a step back, but my head was still in the clouds; hence, their slender fingers grabbed me by the chin and slowly raised my face to meet their curious eyes.

Her eyes; which carried a compelling shade of amber, a shade so damn familiar, it punctured my lungs, and slaughtered my tongue; leaving me in a daze.

Breaking eye-contact, I leaned back on the edge of the table to collect myself as I then took a quick dive inside my disheveled mind to fish for some clues, but my desperate attempts were to no avail for I surfaced with nothing, I could not remember anything.

Having an inner war against myself, I just stood there in cold sweat with my heart oppressively pounding against my chest as my knees began to quiver.

"Are you alright?" She asked with pure concern wearing her husky voice as she attempted to embrace me, but I was just so adrift and vulnerable I unconsciously pushed her away only to accidentally stumble back onto the table behind me; sending the vase; myself included, falling to the ground.

A thud, a smash, we both crashed. The flowers became sad for the dew turned to tears. A cut, a scratch I was thrashed, my flesh bled, my gown was turning red.

غ