The Bond

Chapter 4

Jade's POV

I heard loud voices and things getting smashed outside. I tried to open my eyes and felt my lids heavy. Scanning the place this is definitely not a hospital but rather a vintage modern looking huge room, guess it's safe to say that I am not in heaven

But what am I doing in this place? I glance down to see I'm wearing what seems to be a hospital gown. 

I sit up straight trying to recall what happened last night. Surely my head is not the one that's injured for me to magically forget about those flesh eating red eyed wolves and their sharp claws.

Now that intrigues me "Where the hell did they come from?"

All thoughts aside when the pain on my injured leg kicked in. To divert my attention I tried to search for my things. And by things I think you guys know what I meant

I stretch to the bedside table and open the drawer beneath it letting instincts take over me, hoping the person who brought me here is not too aghast to find materials 'to put it nicely' that can kill a person or torment one.

I open it further only to found my worn-out dress from yesterday "Gotcha"

I tried to reached for it and open it's zip pocket I made sure I have pockets customized to every dress I own it's not only for emergency purposes it's also for being prepared to shot some deadly creatures who turns out to be flesh eating red eyed wolves. 

One bullet and the work is done!

Well one bullet is definitely not enough to take down one wolf but you get my point right?

I checked out my Gloc 19 gen 4 Pistol, and guess what? I'm blessed with 3 bullets left I hastily put the dress back to the drawer and placed my gun under the blanket as I heard the commotion outside, shutting my eyes directly.

"Why is she still not waking up?!!"

"Duke!-you need to calm down."

"Morris! You keep on saying that for the last hour, for god's sake that's my mate in there!"

I cannot really comprehend what's the discussion all about but my body immediately went stiff when I heard the door cracked open and feel someone's presence for a moment my heartbeat stopped and beneath I ready my gun. 

I count the steps that it made in my head and just as it's almost close at the edged of the bed, I jumped out of the mattress using my other leg and ready my guard, pointing the gun straight to him.

In a five seconds scale how is it possible to felt tension with someone whom you've met once?

Tension I barely recognized. He froze in his place, as relief washed over him making me bemused he took a step forward only to be stopped when I pulled the slide back, 

"Stop right there! who are you? and why am I here?" putting demand on my voice he casually shrugged it off and started taking advances towards me making me step back in the process

"Don't you dare!-Aww-!" I stumbled as I drop my gun and felt a pair of hands steady me making me quiver at the sudden contact he look at me with the most inscrutable pair of grey eyes as if he must have felt it as well

Shaking my head to vanish all thoughts I alert myself back to reality and used that advantage to straddle him.

Hmmm...Straddling? Of course not the most wonderful idea! how brilliant Jade Gilbert

He seem caught off guard by my action as well as I am. Consciously knowing that we were in an intimate rather awkward position I hold his arms firmly narrowing my eyes in the process and purposely digging my nails just to somehow get a reaction of struggle or perhaps anger.