The Lake

Chapter 6

Jade's POV

The moment we were outside It was literally astonishing how big the place is. It's like a little city but cooler and I'm getting quite conscious by the fact that quite a few people are staring at us or at him. Either way none of it is making me comfortable,

Though I'm also quite mindful that I'm with someone whom I don't know entirely...Duke he's not that much of a stranger or so I think he is

"You can go quickly you know!---" and without further ado, he literally speeds up like a madman "Whoah! whoah!!! Are you trying to kill me?!" I exclaimed holding the sides of the wheelchair like my life depends on it! I'm trying to catch my breath just in case this man decided to be a caveman again.

And he just laugh his whole body vibrating and shaking his head, boy oh boy! I felt that electric tinglings again...damn it!

"Your crazy" mumbling I close my eyes, this is giving me headache

"Duke!!! Duke!!!"

With a lot of adrenaline rushing through both of us he stopped! "thank goodness!" I whisper well at least God heard my prayers.

"Dukeee!" our attention was called out and next we are surrounded by little children, laughing and giggling all away round.

"Oh hey there little fellas" Duke smiled to them and mess this young boy's hair, the young boy then giggle and look at me "Is she your girlfriend?"

Duke look at me with the same playful smile he has making me gulp, he whisper something to the little kids along with the young boy and they "Oooohhhhhh" and laugh then they drag him away from me.

A little girl approach me and starts playing with my hair, and another girl also came to me and giggles "You two look cute together" she said while giggling like a teenager with the other cute little girl who plays with my hair

I smiled at both of them whether it turned out to be an awkward smile or a genuine one I felt something real something I never before felt during my childhood "Yeah! you two are definitely a royal couple, like Cinderella and his prince charming-"

"No! they are like Beauty and the Beast!" said the other girl, and whoah she got some reference! and I just laugh it all out along with them hoping it didn't turn out to be creepy.

Duke came with a playful grin "Well sorry to interrupt your little conversion ladies but girls I need to snatch this lovely woman for a stroll, is that okay?" he asks gently and the two girls just nod their heads and smiled then ran along with the other children.

Somehow time went fast and we stop in this overview lake and yes I'm still taking virtual notes in my head to familiarize the place but I can't help to be mesmerize by the view.

He sits down beside me on the green grass and intake a deep breath as silence filled the air as once again this prickly stings of current building up from both of us

The place is spacious with lots of trees truly gifted by nature and I'm well aware that we are sitting closer than necessary and that were also alone...here in this lovely day tss! jeez that sound so damn cheesy!

no rain, no people, no noises, nothing! like a complete set-up for something that will likely to happen in a situation like this...

To break the tension that's obviously present I voice out "Hmm...I was wondering what you whispered to those innocent children" I raised a brow and made a suspicious face, "I promise them I won't tell anyone specifically the girl in the wheelchair" he stressed the word wheelchair and cross his heart like he really mean it