Chapter 18

When we got back to Xavier's house, I let out a sigh of relief. Home sweet home. Or is it?

I went upstairs and got changed into something more comfortable, aka leggings and a sweatshirt. Yes, a while back I moved most of my stuff into his house here, so that's why I have these clothes available to me.

I still don't know how to feel being back here with him. Will I ever be able to heal from the wounds that he has caused me? I don't know.  He said he had a lot to tell me, so I figured the least I could do is hear him out.

I come back downstairs to see him sitting on the couch, fidgeting with his hands. I am nervous to hear what he has to say, but I know that if I want to move on from this I need to.

I hesitantly sit down next to him, and say, "Speak."

He looks at me with his big, sorrowful eyes, and I almost want to break down and forgive him immediately.

"Little dove, first of all I want to say that I am sorry. I don't know what inside of me snapped. I mean nothing of what I said to you before. And I promise you, I will spend everyday making it up to you. You don't have to forgive me know, but just know that I did not mean it at all. I love you, and I would never intentionally hurt you," he says with tears pooling in his eyes.

I sniffle a bit, and say, "Anything else you'd like to say to me?"

He wipes his eyes quickly before speaking.

"Yes. When you...left, after I had looked around for you for a while, I had gotten a phone call. It said something along the lines of 'Someone has your mate', and his voice didn't sound concerned. I know I may sound crazy and all, but I was concerned.  The only person I could think of wanting to hurt you is your dad, but I know for sure he is dead. And this person didn't sound like him," he says with a harsh tone.

"That's why I came looking for you. I was going to give you your time to be to yourself, but I didn't want someone hurting you," he says sadly. "Is there anyone else that would have any type of vengeance for you?" He asks me.

Jeez Louise. There is only one person I can think of, whom I haven't seen in about 4 years, which I am beyond thankful for.  What he did to me was unthinkable, and unspeakable. I will never forgive him for the things that he did to me. 

Tears start to form in my eyes at the thought of him being let out of jail, and after me again. I can't let this happen. And most importantly, I can't drag Xavier into this.

I clear my throat. "No, I don't know anyone who would want to hurt me."

I hate lying to him, but it's the only way to keep him safe.

*****SORRY GUYS it's been way to long since I've updated, ive had final exams and they've consumed my past few weeks. Thanks for y'all understand and for reading!!!*******