Chapter 20

I am waiting outside for Xavier, wondering if I should tell him about him. It happened a long time ago, so maybe it isn't relevant? I don't know. I'll decide when it happens.

I see his car pull up and hop in. I greet him with a kiss and hug. "Ugh I missed you so much little dove," he says with a pout.

"Xavier, you literally just saw me a few hours ago," I state with a chuckle.

"Yeah I know but you know how I get when we get separated for too long," he drags out the last word by leaning over to me and kissing me again. This kiss wasn't fervent or wanting, but loving and gentle. He releases me with a genuine smile, in which I return.

I decided then that I will tell him tomorrow about him. I don't wanna wait too much longer, and the more he knows the better he can help protect me.

"So did you get any cat calls today with your... revealing outfit?" He says with an eye roll, and proceeds to start driving off.

"In fact I did not, besides, I wouldn't care if anyone said anything, you know you're the only one that matters," I say with a smile.

We drive home just listening to my mans Bryson Tiller, "Let Me Explain".  I've never been more ready to give a performance than right now.

Time to be over dramatic.

"You used to come and keep me company
Tell me you love me and just me,
Oh and it took a while to trust me
Girl I had to work for it
Still you don't judge me
I love the way you touch me"

I over-dramatically sang the song of course, and it leaves me in my major feels.

When I finish performing, I look lover to Xavier, who looks like he's seen me grow two heads. I give him a look that says 'What?' And he just responds by shaking his head. I don't care if I'm being judged, Bryson over everyone.

We get back to his place and a wave of sadness reaches me. I missed my brothers, we've been together for 16 years and never separated, this is the longest we've been apart and it sucks. I can't wait till everything blows over, than I can get a place and have my brothers, Xavier and myself all live together. A girl can dream.

Firstly, I gotta figure out if he is really out of jail. I didn't think he had any chance to get out but knowing him he probably owes a lot of people a lot of things. Until I can find out who is doing this to me, and if it's really him, I will just stick with Xavier to make sure I am safe.

Xavier starts on dinner, and I'm sitting on the couch watching him cook, wondering how I got so lucky. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his back.

"I love you," I tell him sincerely.

"I love you too little dove," he says back to me.

I sit patiently at the table awaiting some tasty food, I love when he cooks me food. He sets down a delicious looking chicken dish; I can already feel myself drooling.

"Enjoy madam," he says in a mock French accent. Ugh, he is just too cute.
--
After dinner, I am sitting on the couch alone since Xavier had to go meet with some important people. My phone dings twice in a row.

'Meet me alone at 34 Groft Street. Or your family dies."

My hands are shaking as I read the first message, I don't even want to open the second one but I know I have to.

I regret it immediately. It is a picture of my mom, and two brothers huddled in a corner looking scared to death. I have so many emotions running through me, but the one thought I have is what the FUCK am I going to do?