Chapter 4: I Enjoy Your Company

Marcel and I walked through the long corridors of the school, leading us to his car. We walked across the parking lot to his car. He owned a jet black Range Rover with a crème leather interior. My jaw dropped instantly. I swept my fingers along the warm hood and body.

"This is yours?"

"Yeah, my brother gave it to me after he bought his second car. Lets just say that he excels in financial business at a young age. I just fixed it up a bit."

"Jeez, man," I said astounded.

I stared in wonder at the vehicle.

"Are you gonna get in or not?"

I hurriedly got in, dropping my bag on the floor and putting on my seatbelt. After leaving the school grounds I gave Marcel the directions to my house.

*

We pulled into my driveway. He turned off the engine and waited for me to show him inside. I walked up the path and fumbled with my keys, eventually finding the right one. I was greeted by my little sister, Emily, who was sitting at the kitchen's island doing homework.

"Mom! Dad! Andrea's here!" she shouted.

"Jesus, Em, next time announce it to the whole neighborhood," I said, covering my ears. I saw Marcel cringing behind me.

"I think I could do that," she said sarcastically. "Who's this?" She pointed towards Marcel.

"This is Marcel. Marcel this is Emily."

He stepped forwards where she was sitting and outstretched his hand and took hers, gently placing a kiss on the front. She blushed, followed by a meek giggle.

"Nice to meet you Emily," he said formally, stepping back behind me.

"Nice to meet you, too, Marcel."

"We're gonna go upstairs and do homework," I said to her.

"Okay. Bye Marcel," she said, eyes glazed over.

I shook my head at her, while she was checking Marcel out.

We walked through the living room to see my little brother swapping spit with his girlfriend. She was straddling him with his hands cupping her bum.

"Christian! Have some pride, dude!"

They both turned around at the sound of my voice, faces tinted with bright pink. She slid off his lap and onto the couch, twiddling her thumbs.

"Who's this?"

"This is Marcel. Marcel this is Christian."

He got up off the couch, doing that handshake hug thing that guys always do, looking him over in the process.

"Where are mom and dad?"

"Whatever you do, don't go in there room. They're going at it. Again." My eyes widened at his response.

"Okay then, we're gonna go upstairs and put on some soundproof headphones and do our homework. Lets go Marcel," I said, a pained expression on my face.

I walked through the rest of the house and went up the stairs leading to my room. I opened my door to find my dog Buster sleeping on my bed.

"Come here Buster!" I said patting my thighs.

My jovial, blond Lab ran to me and greeted me and Marcel, but mainly me. He jumped on me and licked my hands and wrists as I was petting him, making me giggle.

I walked over to my bed and sat down, patting the space beside me. He hesitantly joined me. I rubbed my dry eyes needing to take out my contacts.

"I'll be back," I said.